New addition to the workshop.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Managed to pick this up locally for a good price :)
My bow work has slowed a lot recently due to elbow problems so I hope this will ease the load some. It had seen little use and was only on its second ever blade. It was chock full of sawdust so running "poorly".

Stripped, brushed and clean and it runs like a Dream. Good strong motor and cuts great even with a horribly blunt blade. Ordering a nice selection tomorrow :)

IMAG4255_zpsb91d905f.jpg

IMAG4259_zpsa4cf9e52.jpg

I now have to re-organise everything and find it a place to live.

warbzz

Jan 20, 2008
cheshire
it will never make the dwardo bows I know and came to love!
handmade is not dewalt mate
you have 2 elbows ruin the other first!

yarrow

Forager
Nov 23, 2004
Dublin
They sure do save an awful lot of time removing waste wood. Are you still getting a Swedish carving axe too? Good blade selection at axminster by the way.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Great bits of kit they save so much time just make sure you get some good bladez for it, nothing worse than having a blade break wnen using it and nor having a spare at hand

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
They sure do save an awful lot of time removing waste wood. Are you still getting a Swedish carving axe too? Good blade selection at axminster by the way.

Once I learn how to use it properly I am sure it will help no end mate. Draw knife, scrapers, files and rasps are all fine but an axe or hook is agony next day.
Will have to flog a few bows and free up some cash to justify the carving axe. Besides the odd commission I just keep making them and hoarding them all. I probably have more current bows than I will ever use. That and half of them are too heavy for a wobbly elbow.

Last edited:

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Great bits of kit they save so much time just make sure you get some good bladez for it, nothing worse than having a blade break wnen using it and nor having a spare at hand

Yup everything I read about these says it's all about a goo quality blade and a properly tuned saw. Will pop over to axminster tomorrow and get kitted up.

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
That's a great piece of kit Dwardo! I picked up mine used as well but it was money down the drain, it kept braking the blade after just about 30mins of usage. And it's probably the reason someone got rid of it in a first place. Nice machine you got, they can help a lot in many projects.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE