NeckKnife wanted

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Survivalmike

Forager
Jan 25, 2010
Austria
Hi Folks!

I´m looking for a new Neckknife and hope, that you can help me out with lots of experience and know how :)
I dont really know which brand I´m looking for, but it should be a great user for bushcrafting - so I´m open for anything ;)

Specs I wanted:
blade length: around 70mm (around 2.8 inch)
blade thickness: around 3mm (0.12 inch)
Steel: carbon steel or a really great stainless
handle Material: wood or antler prefered, but everything would be OK
Sheath isn´t important, because I´m planning on making my own!
Price range:
maximum 100 EUR (=85 GBP)

Hope you can help me in my decision or searching for a great neckknife bushcraft user

thanks a lot
cheers
Mike

Last edited:

Survivalmike

Forager
Jan 25, 2010
Austria
thx Celt_Ginger!

I have alot of Mora knives already and would like to have something better in craftmanship!
Also had a look at the moment on Fällkniven WM1 (the handle doesn´t look very pretty to me) and some other Neckknives!

Maybe any Maker here who would make me a Neckknife in my pricerange without a sheath?

Cheers
Mike

Survivalmike

Forager
Jan 25, 2010
Austria
The Fllkniven WM1 really catched my eye - but I´m thinking on get the blade blank and put a nice wooden handle on and make a leather sheath for it........

We´ll see - there are some incoming ideas of other neckknives in my mailaddy and I check them first :)

cheers
Mike

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
Leon handled a WM1 for Toddy. It's a fantastic little knife and throws up the best feathersticks I've ever made.
Cracking little knife.

Survivalmike

Forager
Jan 25, 2010
Austria
It's a fantastic little knife and throws up the best feathersticks I've ever made.
Cracking little knife.

thanks for that information - these really helps me a lot!
Haven´t found as much information and reviews / fieldtests on the net until now........So I appreciate every information I can get.

all the best
Mike

I had a WM1 and it is a good knife, though not great for detail work and the handle was uncomfortable for all day use. I sold it a while back. I suppose it depends on how much use your knife is going to get. I just find the handle on the Classic (I removed the red finish) or the carving knife is very comfortable if I'm going to use the knife for hours at a time. I have loads of knives, some really expensive, but the ones I use most are the Moras

Last edited:

Survivalmike

Forager
Jan 25, 2010
Austria
I had a WM1 and it is a good knife, though not great for detail work and the handle was uncomfortable for all day use. I sold it a while back. I suppose it depends on how much use your knife is going to get. I just find the handle on the Classic (I removed the red finish) or the carving knife is very comfortable if I'm going to use the knife for hours at a time. I have loads of knives, some really expensive, but the ones I use most are the Moras

You´re absolutly right.......If the handle dont fit your hands you wont use the knife!
Thats why I may make a new handle on my future neckknife :D

cheers
Mike

Alfredo

Settler
Oct 25, 2009
ITALY (ALPS)
In alternative to the Fallkniven WM1, a Swamp Rat Warden, great steel, you may wrap paracord on the handle (as per me), or put in a real handle

Survivalmike

Forager
Jan 25, 2010
Austria
In alternative to the Fallkniven WM1, a Swamp Rat Warden, great steel, you may wrap paracord on the handle (as per me), or put in a real handle

Nice little knife Alfredo, but I dont like a coated blade that much!
I think I go for a WM1 and rehandle it for my own needings.........

thx
Mike

Survivalmike

Forager
Jan 25, 2010
Austria
Found the Gary Mills Mini Woodlore today - has anyone some field test information or review for me?
Looks like an awesome knife for a good price!

What do you think?

Survivalmike

Forager
Jan 25, 2010
Austria
Hi folks!
Just wanna let you know how I found my new Neckknife..........

I had the chance of getting a WM1 to have a personal look at it and it dont fitted my hands very well - after all thoughts on it I´ve thinking about making handles on a WM1 blade blank! But after a while thinking about this I thrown this idea away!

After all I decided to send "robevs73" a message with my needings and specs and I have to say that his service and support is 1st grade! Excellent! Perfect!
After eMailing and pictures sending (both ways) we found together a perfect knife for me which is NOW in progress and hopefully in a few weeks in my hands!
I have to say thanks to "maddave", who told me to contact "robevs73".........see post above! Thank you very much maddave!!!

After I have my knife, I´ll do a review about it and also put some pics here in the forum!

thx to all who helped me in my decision of finding a bushcraft neckknife
all the best
Mike

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE