Neck knives.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

chimpy leon

Jul 29, 2013
staffordshire
I seem to use my neck knife, an Esee Izula 2 more than anything else nowadays. Its a Perfectly ground and solidly made little knife that I always take when I go out shooting. Not once worn it round my neck though, no intentions of either as for me it would be a complete nuisance.

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
"Neck" "Knife" just doesn't set well with me, I am immediately mindful of heading swords. The very idea of a razor sharp knife, suspended from my neck, and being jerked from its sheath, seems,,, uncomfortable,,,

Is a knife any more likely to come out of a safe, secure and correctly made sheath if it is hanging round your neck, than in your pocket or on your belt?

Have you ever tried it?

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
"Neck" "Knife" just doesn't set well with me, I am immediately mindful of heading swords. The very idea of a razor sharp knife, suspended from my neck, and being jerked from its sheath, seems,,, uncomfortable,,,

Yeah, me too.

Seems pretty pointless if you actually have another fixed blade knife with you. I mean, why not just use the other one..?

Any excuse to strap another one on..maybe? (Lol the image of a man with a bandolier holding loads of knives of different sizes came to mind!)

Jun 10, 2014
United Kingdom
I thought the same thing, but:
1. Not a problem with a good sturdy sheath. You would be as uncomfortable with a knife in your pocket or on your belt if you didn't trust the sheath. Mine is areally thick and well fitted kydex. No chance of the knife going through the "stitches" or coming out.
2. If you have it dangling handle down than it's the most convenient and safest way to draw a knife. Just grab and pull AWAY from your body. Much more simple than getting it from your hip or leg.

Try it, it really is handy.

I could not agree more, Here is a pic of my sheath (obtained from the evil ebay lol).

$(KGrHqZ,!o4FJ,VoYCYRBSbkF6UI2g~~60_57.JPG

Jun 10, 2014
United Kingdom
Is a knife any more likely to come out of a safe, secure and correctly made sheath if it is hanging round your neck, than in your pocket or on your belt?

Have you ever tried it?

Well there is no way mine is going to come out of it's sheath without a good tug on the knife, I would be more worried about my morra coming out of the plastic sheath on my belt than out of it's kydex sheath around my neck.

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
Yeah, me too.

Seems pretty pointless if you actually have another fixed blade knife with you. I mean, why not just use the other one..?

Any excuse to strap another one on..maybe? (Lol the image of a man with a bandolier holding loads of knives of different sizes came to mind!)

What other one?

Just because you are carrying a neck knife, it doesn't automatically mean that you will need to carry another fixed blade.

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
Well there is no way mine is going to come out of it's sheath without a good tug on the knife, I would be more worried about my morra coming out of the plastic sheath on my belt than out of it's kydex sheath around my neck.

Exactly.

There is no way my 510 will come out of it's sheath unless i want it to, the kydex retention is perfect.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I'm a fan - more of their size than putting them round my neck - usually carrier slung under arm

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
I seem to use my neck knife, an Esee Izula 2 more than anything else nowadays. Its a Perfectly ground and solidly made little knife that I always take when I go out shooting. Not once worn it round my neck though, no intentions of either as for me it would be a complete nuisance.

Been looking at those lots recently.were does it live then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
Mine is a really thick and well fitted kydex. No chance of the knife going through the "stitches" or coming out.

If you have it dangling handle down than it's the most convenient and safest way to draw a knife. Just grab and pull AWAY from your body.
Much more simple than getting it from your hip or leg

Click on image

chimpy leon

Jul 29, 2013
staffordshire
Been looking at those lots recently.were does it live then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Just stick it in my pocket. Not cheap for what is essentially a small, carbon blade knife with a minimal plastic sheath but it just its a tough little thing that is a lot more at home in the hand than it looks. Toying with the idea of stripping the powder coating off it to make it a better slicer.

Moose

Feb 20, 2005
Torquay
No one else use a Boker plus Pocket Bowie?

I don't tend to carry it as a neck knife (for the reasons others have mentioned although the kydex holds it firmly) but think it would suit the role perfectly.

It does get carried as a pocket knife on occasion.

Haggis

Nomad
I haven't tried carrying a knife around my neck, and I'm not trying to offend any folk who do, but I had rather not. There is not only the sharp knife, there is the issue of a loop around my neck if I were carrying a knife in such a way. A cousin of mine nearly hanged himself in such a manner. He was going down a wet and slippery steep incline, went to duck under a dead limb, the limb snagged on the loop around his neck, and the rest you can imagine. In his case the loop was a fox snare he thought he could carry easier, but a loop is a loop. He came out of it without damage, but being alone, he was certainly fretful things wouldn't end in such a way.

I'm no fan of having dangerous tools pointing at parts of me I'd like to remain undamaged. In America's ghettos, there are folk who carry handguns in the front of their pants; a position called "felony carry". This carry position has led to a wound called the "Gangsta Vasectomy". I carry my knife and my gun well away from my vitals.

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Shouldn't laugh but this did make me chuckle

This carry position has led to a wound called the "Gangsta Vasectomy".

Sent from somewhere?

May 14, 2013
Netherlands
I haven't tried carrying a knife around my neck, and I'm not trying to offend any folk who do, but I had rather not. There is not only the sharp knife, there is the issue of a loop around my neck if I were carrying a knife in such a way. A cousin of mine nearly hanged himself in such a manner. He was going down a wet and slippery steep incline, went to duck under a dead limb, the limb snagged on the loop around his neck, and the rest you can imagine. In his case the loop was a fox snare he thought he could carry easier, but a loop is a loop. He came out of it without damage, but being alone, he was certainly fretful things wouldn't end in such a way.

I'm no fan of having dangerous tools pointing at parts of me I'd like to remain undamaged. In America's ghettos, there are folk who carry handguns in the front of their pants; a position called "felony carry". This carry position has led to a wound called the "Gangsta Vasectomy". I carry my knife and my gun well away from my vitals.
I do carry my Izula around my neck at times, but I've added a safety breakaway. The sheath is strong enough to keep the knife safe even when falling. I do take extra care when unsheathing my knife.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
No one else use a Boker plus Pocket Bowie?

I don't tend to carry it as a neck knife (for the reasons others have mentioned although the kydex holds it firmly) but think it would suit the role perfectly.

It does get carried as a pocket knife on occasion.

looked at it a few times and almost bit Tom Krein is a great designer

Jun 10, 2014
United Kingdom

personally I always have my "necker" concealed under a thin jacket so it is not out in the open and therefore not going to be a problem getting it snagged on branches etc. It's still easy to get to but not overtly visible in case I come across another person when out and about so that I dont end up face down in the dirt with the armed response squad giving me grief. (It has happened before when coming across others who view any one with a knife as some kind of nutter ready to go on a killing spree).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE