Neck Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
No where near the standard of some of you pros...but I've been making this over the weekend just gone and the last couple of evenings, still a bit of sanding and polishing to do in places - but pretty much there now I think.

405931436_b357432cdc.jpg

Blade was made my Maihkel Eklund and is 6.5cm long with a full length, but hidden, stick tang

Handle is 10cm long and consists of Thuya Burr with red Vulc fibres, nickel silver and a buffalo horn coin.

M

mikehill

"No where near the standard of some of you pros..."

Don't put yourself down mate ... it look very well executed :)
Mike.

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
I'm about to start doing a couple of my own for the first time but i'm sure they wont be anywhere near that standard of finish. Very well done mate :You_Rock_

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
That looks lovely - a nice precise, well finished knife - I'd be proud as anything if I'd made it!

Red

andyn

Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Cheers guys.

Its only my second stick tang, so im definately still learning the craft - I've tried to do it using only hand tools so i can get a proper feel of how the materials respond etc...and i must say I'm not using a hand drill for the next one!!!!

But yeah I'm chuffed with the outcome and looking forward to getting it fully finished and sheathed up.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I think its great ;)

I love the shape and the angles very very nice......

Im not a fan of scandy colours but the rest is lovely !

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
scottishwolf said:
I'm about to start doing a couple of my own for the first time but i'm sure they wont be anywhere near that standard of finish. Very well done mate :You_Rock_

I am only new round here but when I made my first knife I made a test piece. first I filed a 6 inch nail into the shape of tang and cutting a piece of sycamore to the size of the piece of wood I had for my knife and shaped it to that of the handle I was going to make. No subsitute for some parts of the process but it helped me avoid some mistake on the knife itself although not all.

andyn
The knife is great by the way :)
I am working on my second knife at the moment You sound like me too critical of your own work.

andyn

Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Nothing untoward if thats what you were thinking LOL - its becuase its been designed small and light and, once it's sheath is finished, will be worn around the neck.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE