Neat Goretex Repair?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aye Up All,

Some may have seen my previous post re the use of Nas-Coat for repairing rucksack covers, bashers and inflatable ground mats; I’ve recently tried it out on damaged Goretex with success.

Burn damage of the type shown in image 1. had occurred to the GTX hood of a waterproof jacket.

I cut an appropriate sized repair patch, rounded off the corners and glued it over the damage using the Nas-Coat, ensuring that some seeped out around each side of the patch. I then sandwiched the damaged section and the repair patch between a flat surface and a heavy weight and left it over night.

The next morning on removing the weight I noticed that the Nas-Coat hadn’t dried but I could see that the repair patch was beginning to adhere well with no curling up at the sides. I left the repair uncovered for a further 24 hours and the Nas-Coat set completely providing a sound repair.

I’ve since submerged the repair in a bowl of water overnight and it is still holding good.

GTXrep(i).jpg GTXrep(ii).jpg GTXrep(iii).jpg GTXrep(iv).jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE