Navigation workshop

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
I'm running a navigation workshop for forum members on sunday 15th October 2006 in Oxford area. Timings and place to be confirmed nearer the time but it will be in the Oxfordshire area and if you're free that day and fancy it please come along. No charge at all. open to forum members and family.
We'll learn map and compass work basics and more advanced techniques, and 'lost drill' etc later on in the day. Ideal for beginners and any help with tuition from experienced members never goes a miss. Just gauging interest at the moment to see if it will go ahead

led

Settler
Aug 24, 2004
uk
Well I'd certainly be interested, and it sounds excellent as I'm absolutely appalling at navigating :(

Phil562

Settler
Jul 15, 2005
Middlesbrough
andyn said:
Nick, would have loved too have joined you for this but I am on a course that week.

You are a true star for doing these!

Apologies for hijacking Nick :You_Rock_

Andy remind me and we'll doo some on the 8th or 9th ;)

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
I'm up for helping out and refreshing my knowledge all work dependent at the moment but put me down and I'll confirm closer to the time

James

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
I think I'll have to pospone this Work is too busy and I'm doing loads of overtime, probably right up till Christmas. I'll give you a shout in the new year if I do one .

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Don't feel too bad I sent a mail to a friend to see if they were up for this today before I reached the end of the thread. Of course then I had to call them and say "sorry made a mistake".

Falling Rain - If you do get around to running this whenever I'll be up for it. Thanks.

David

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
moduser said:
Don't feel too bad I sent a mail to a friend to see if they were up for this today before I reached the end of the thread. Of course then I had to call them and say "sorry made a mistake".

Falling Rain - If you do get around to running this whenever I'll be up for it. Thanks.

David

No worries - sorry about this again. As I've mentioned in other threads my work is just too busy for anything at the moment. I'm not getting much time to myself. I'll do one in the new year :)

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Hey mate

Thanks anyway for the good idea and intention - we all live in the real world and understand that things change.
Theres a good amount of interest in the idea - and it is a good idea. So lets hope it can happen in the near future.

BTW if anyone feels up to running an Astro navigation seminar at sometime Id be really keen. Id do it myself by havent much of a clue

Nick

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE