Natural Leather treatment/polish/stuff?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TobyH

Forager
Apr 4, 2006
Deepest, Darkest Suffolk
I'm trying to find a suitable treatment paste type stuff for all my leather sheaths, pouches etc..

I need it to be as natural as possible so as to let the leather still breath. Nikwax is no good as apparently (from a trusted source) it makes the stitching rot...

Any experiences?

TobyH

Forager
Apr 4, 2006
Deepest, Darkest Suffolk
I 've read that beeswax only provides a cover for the leather rather than being absorbed. Might try adding the linseed oil though, do you have to heat it up then mix then heat it up to use it?

Mink oil, I've heard that before, do you use the paste or the oil?

I've got various bits that need treating so it would be good to try different treatments on different objects to compare...

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Mink oil really does soak into the leather and keep things waterproof. I use it on my sheathes and oil form rather than wet form them, I get softer edges and a really lovely, waterproof finish. I use it on military boots and it's incredible. I cannot recommend it enough.

Choose the third option of the mink oils, but remember their minimum order amount!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE