Nato 58 bottle O-rings

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Oct 16, 2003
Surrey
Ladies & Gents,

I have 3 Nato 58 plastic water bottles, all a couple of years old and all in good nick. However, they all seem to leak slightly now, therefore I assume the O-rings are on the way out. Does anyone know if I can get replacements?

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Hello,

I have nothing to add!

I just wanted to be alerted if anyone has an answer!

Sorry to waste your time!

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Andrew,
I know the ones you mean, I might even have a similar item hiding in the garage. If you can accurately measure the diameter of the seal itself and the hole that it fits in, including the cross-section diameter, I can have a look when I get back to work. I can't promise, but if theres something there to fit, I can post them on.

ATB

Ogri the trog

risby

Forager
Jun 21, 2005
dorset, uk
AJB said:
Hello,

I have nothing to add!

I just wanted to be alerted if anyone has an answer!

Sorry to waste your time!

No worries but I thought I'd point out you don't have to post a message to be alerted. You can "subscribe to thread" with the thread tools menu and then you'll receive an email when someone adds to the thread.

leon-1

This may not be a massive help to you, but these used to get lost quite frequently, a lot of the time you would find an elastic band in the top keeping things water tight.

The other option is to take thin replacement soles and cut O-rings out of them, I have done it before and it works well enough.

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
Go the B&Q and in the plumbing section you will find a small pack of assorted O rings one of the fits perfectly. I got one a those cheap clone patten 58's and it leaked like a sieve till I replace the O ring with a B&Q one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE