Nanok-25!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
Well i stumbled on to a thread about a Nanok-25 bag for sale on the dreaded ebay, put in a silly bid and won it.

so, now i am the proud owner of the bag, what i want to know are your comments, i.e. are they easy to get into when hammocking?

are they really comfortable down to -25!

are they pertex filled?

any views appreciated.

Adam.

fishy1

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
sneck
I suspect the -25 is the min extreme temp, which is the temp an adult male wearing clothes will not get hypothermia. So I doubt you'd be that comfortable at -25.

Bushcraft4life

Settler
Dec 31, 2006
London
I suspect the -25 is the min extreme temp, which is the temp an adult male wearing clothes will not get hypothermia. So I doubt you'd be that comfortable at -25.

Comfortable at -5 in the Nanok -10 this end, so i suspect the -25 probably does -15 comfortably.

How much did you get it for Dingo?

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
are they pertex filled?

I hope for your sake that they aren't pertex filled! That would be really cold!

Nanok is famous for making tough wearing sleeping bags. Although on the heavy side. As all synthetic filled bags are.

Post a review when you've used it in cold weather, that would be an interesting read.

Isn't the -25 the comfort rating? I thought so at least. I've slept good in a -10 nanok in -12. But then again, I use a +10 bag down to -2 (with clothes on inside). Strange, when I'm more ripped, I sleep warmer, than when I have the winter fat on me tummy.

fishy1

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
sneck
Isn't the -25 the comfort rating? I thought so at least. I've slept good in a -10 nanok in -12. But then again, I use a +10 bag down to -2 (with clothes on inside). Strange, when I'm more ripped, I sleep warmer, than when I have the winter fat on me tummy.

I think you might be right, I've never used nanok bags, but looking on a site the nanok-20 has a comfort temp of -20.

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
How much did you get it for Dingo?[/QUOTE]

£51, real bargain and its brand new to!:lmao:

I am of to the lake district on Friday, so i will take it with me and give it a go, i will take the underblanket just in case though, shouldn't really need the underblanket this time of year, especially with a 4 season bag.
will post back once i have spent a couple of nights out.

i usually use my old mob bag, it is a down filled maggot bag with a half zip down the front, this makes it a little awkward to get into in the hammock, i am hoping the two almost full length zips on the nanok will help with this!

Adam.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I'll see you up there on Friday Adam :) I'll be interested to see how you get on with it but I suspect you will sweat your knackers off and end up using it as a duvet :D

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
I'll see you up there on Friday Adam :) I'll be interested to see how you get on with it but I suspect you will sweat your knackers off and end up using it as a duvet :D

you sound like you have some insider info there Matt? looking forward to the weekend.

think i will take the group buy quilt as well just in case, at this rate there wont be no space for anything else in the motor!

Adam.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Bear in mind, you can nest the -25 inside a Nanok 0 too. I kid you not - I have one and it is designed to do just that (BB sleeps very cold). Its the same as a -10 visually if like mine with more filling. Monstrous size when packed but super warm! Worth it in winter in my book

Red

Adrian

Forager
Aug 5, 2005
South East London
I've used mine on the Woodlore Arctic course in Sweden, and on Woodlore's Telemark course last February. Kept me warm on both trips, although it was heavy and a bit bulky, but a very good cold weather bag - has enough room for my boots as well!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE