Naked Rambler Lock him up or let him roam free?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
can not see a problem with it. It a human body for god's sake.

Hang around with naked people for a while and any idea of sexuality / eroticness soon goes out of the window. It doesn't take long to even fail to register someone is naked.

forestwalker

spot on would anybody like there kids /grandkids to see this

It is one of those difficult things that every parent eventually must face. I mean, what could be more difficult than explaining to ones kids that humans have bodies. "Yes, little Tommy, even your Father -- actually every man you will ever meet! -- have a body that is pretty much the same as your own. Different in details, but all of them are more similar to each other than to e.g. a dog". It is hard moment, and many children are traumatized for life finding out that this is the case. Or not.

That said I agree that there must be a reason to persist knowing that he will end up spending a lot of his time in jail. And I have no ide a what it is, fanatic, mental disturbance, whatever. But I do know that I think the world would be a bit better place if everyone felt it was a total non-issue that he was naked.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...But I do know that I think the world would be a bit better place if everyone felt it was a total non-issue that he was naked..."

+1

I don't think he will ever change the views of much of the British public or the state, he should give it up and move to Germany where public nakedness is 'less' of an issue.

:)

Last edited:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
The chap has some issues and perhaps needs help. What he does is inappropriate, I'd not want my grandson seeing him or my own children if they were younger, and I daresay many folk would be offended seeing him in public. Plenty of places he can go and do as he likes, lots of empty coastline etc.

Give him a ticket to Gran Canaria, the dunes at Maspalomas have lots of people there in just their birthday suits (lots of elderly Germans for some reason).

BOD

I find it intriguing that in Indonesia where cultural and religious conventions of covering up are very strong, there is no panic when a nude mentally ill man is seen walking along a busy street. People notice of course but then look away and go about their business as normal.

My 12, 10 and 8 year old children were not traumatised, asked sensible questions and were concerned for the man.

Yet in some Western countries some people are obsessed with stripping the veil off Muslim women - which the women see as a violation akin to being disrobed

How the mentally ill or those who have different norms are treated says a lot about a society. As long as these people do not assault or harass passers by they should be left alone

I just found out by Google that Parson's Pleasure has been closed and that the men's Pond is now segragated. Seems that public opnion is becoming less tolerant over there.

Last edited:

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
Personally I suspect he just wants to be cared for at the taxpayer's expense.

If he is a genuine nudist/naturist he would only strip off where it was appropriate (ie not on major roadsides or in populated areas). So, do we save a bit of money by giving him a pardon but place him under a control order stating limits on where his behaviour may be permitted? Would he abide by those rules? How do we know that in "permitted areas" he is not going to cause offence? Do we make him seek landowner's permission - we all know how difficult and time consuming that can be, so not very practical.

Rather than keep him locked up he should be made to do community service (fully clothed of course but what's to stop him stripping off at any moment - do we padlock a pair of kecks on him? I'm sure one of our leathercrafters here could do something quite fetching :))

robin wood

Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
He spent a few Days in Edale last time he was out and wandered past my workshop. His visit cause some hilarity, along with interesting discussion about the rights and wrongs of what he was doing. The consensus seemed to be that everything was harmless in public place where folk, kids particularly found it interesting, or amusing, but in less populated areas it became threatening and worrying. Imagine a single lone female walking on the hill meeting this chap coming the other way.

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Imagine a single lone female walking on the hill meeting this chap coming the other way.

I often do!

Anyway we (Sky News) interviewed this geezer a few years back. Unable to film a full length shot, the cameraman shot some footage of his legs. It wasn't until the piece had aired a few times that one of us noticed an embarrasing shadow on his thigh. I hope the sun was high in the sky when it was filmed!

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I filled the birdfeeders at 6.30 this morning while I was still wearing my jammies. It was blooming cold :brrr: and this is only August, there's a reason folks wear clothes :approve:

Personally I think he has issues that need addressed ( oh pun :D) but apart from the, "What the...:confused:" traffic stopping, and the worry it does cause in a society where public nudity is a beach and bedroom activity, and no point pretending that while perfectly natural that it doesn't worry folk; it should be a non event.
Except that's not what he seems to want, he wants it to be an event :rolleyes:

BOD, while I think the ladies covered from head to foot are daft, especially in our climate where the VitD deficiency is really showing up among their families again, I don't know anyone who'd rip the veils off them.
Fair skinned Brits and Scandinavians have problems getting enough VitaminD in our climate; darker skins and covered up entirely means supplements are needed or bandy legs etc., become commonplace again.

cheers,
Toddy

EdS

still see why anyone has a problem with "public" nudity. Its teh 21st century not 17th.

Why is it ok for young teenage to (nearly) dress in a very sexual manner as fashion or adults to dress day to day in way to deliberately ramp up sexually but not ok for Mr or Ms Average to wander around in a natural state with no sexual conertations. And sexual issues is in the peorson lookig not not the one jsut getting on with stuff but minus clothes? OK clothing for hygine or safety rule I can understand ie food handling or welding.

Anyway, pretty much any no matter how ugly or attractive just looks when dressed in boots/wellie and woolly hat the British weather generally requires.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
It's intresting, if a person is really keen to get out into the wilds and ramble naked, it might be sensible to dress till you're in the wilds, then strip off. not just outside the prison, after being advised/warned/requested not to. So if youre taking a stand about your right to be naked, its seems to be working. YOu may have to accept that in the society you live in, they think differently and ask you to cover up.
If he'd turned up at the moot, would he have been accepted by all there?

northumbrian

Settler
Dec 25, 2009
newcastle upon tyne
BOD, while I think the ladies covered from head to foot are daft, especially in our climate where the VitD deficiency is really showing up among their families again, I don't know anyone who'd rip the veils off them.
Fair skinned Brits and Scandinavians have problems getting enough VitaminD in our climate; darker skins and covered up entirely means supplements are needed or bandy legs etc., become commonplace again.

cheers,
Toddy[/QUOTE]
that and they will freely marry their own cousins does'nt help as well !

BOD

I filled the birdfeeders at 6.30 this morning while I was still wearing my jammies. It was blooming cold :brrr: and this is only August, there's a reason folks wear clothes :approve:

Personally I think he has issues that need addressed ( oh pun :D) but apart from the, "What the...:confused:" traffic stopping, and the worry it does cause in a society where public nudity is a beach and bedroom activity, and no point pretending that while perfectly natural that it doesn't worry folk; it should be a non event.
Except that's not what he seems to want, he wants it to be an event :rolleyes:

cheers,
Toddy

I like the pun.

Let's do a trade Toddy.

Send your nudie loonies to Australia during summer. I dare say no matter how principled the devoltion to nudity is they'll cover up fast once their epidermis starts to burn and fall off.

Meanwhile we have lots of people in detention centres who will definately remain covered up (Vitamin D deficiency notwithstanding) who would be happier in Britain.

"ripping veils" refers to legislation to force them to uncover though I have heard more than a few people mention it in a literal sense I am sorry to say.

Anyway with this thread we have once again wandered into the badlands of politics, religion and sex.

So I'm off back to the campfire and safe topics

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE