Mystery tweezers

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
I picked up these today from a sewing/craft box in. Charity shop for 50p a pop. I intend to use them for keeping lines of awl holes in line when stitching two pieces of leather together.

image.jpg1_zpsv3zol1pd.jpg

I know Thakrays of Leeds are the big medical instrument makers, ith the museum and all. They are immensely sharp. So what are they really for?

ATB

Tom

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
I would have guessed they were for a very similar purpose as you intend to use them, pinching skin together to sew it back together.Have you ever tried to sew your left wrist up with your right hand and a standard needle and cotton? Don't bother... it is impossible.

Rob.

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
Super glue :D

Did not have any, alone with over an hours drive to hospital, hot and sweaty such that plasters would not stick well enough to pull it together I used some local raki to clean it/dry it and some home made steri-strips to pull it closed then bandage to bind it before my sweat unstuck them. Result is a small scar and I got the solar powered hot water supply for the shower done (it was also a 3-4 day reservoir for when the water got cut off due to pipe breakages up the gorge). :D

Rob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE