Mystery McDonald

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I was round at a pals last night and saw a nicely shot advert. Land rovers, Dogs, Ferries, Lochs, and it was for of all things a sausage and egg McMuffin thing from Micky D's.

You may want to read this from the Millport.com website which is based at the village where the add is set.

[h=1]Millport's mystery McDonald's restaurant stars in new advert[/h]23 April, 2013
  • The new McDonald's advert features Millport
  • Inside Millport's mystery McDonald's...
  • Loving it....

Millport has a starring role in a new commercial for McDonald's breakfasts - which broadcast on TV for the first time this week...
The adverts feature a mystery visitor arriving by ferry (not, notably, the Millport ferry) with his dog, and walking along the seafront to Millport's (non-existent) McDonald's restaurant and enjoying a breakfast which, of course, isn't available in Millport.
The advert has come as a bit of a surprise to many Millport residents, who didn't realise there was a McDonald's here on the island...
The few seconds of footage used in the advert was filmed a few weeks ago, and made their debut on TV this week.

They'll be faking the horseflesh yet.
GB.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
:rolleyes: :D
It's like thon advert for the stock cubes...."Pea and ham. Frae a chicken ? Now that's clever ! :D "

Mary

Then the follow up, "That's devotion for you."

[video=youtube;qWl63PO6DIg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWl63PO6DIg[/video]

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Urgh! Treated the boy to a proper Dorset lamb burger the other day. Funnily enough, top left of the photo is exactly what I think of Mac D's!

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
The advert in question..........what would we do without youtube & it's dedicated contributers ? :You_Rock_

[video=youtube_share;Q0BzEd5dW7I]http://youtu.be/Q0BzEd5dW7I[/video]

The dog is a Border Terrier in case you don't know & want to.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Had a Boston sausage hot dog in Woodhall Spa country fair today.

With caramalised onion - still sizzling.

Tough choice - could have been a hand made venison burger.
MackyD? Just say no!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Had a Boston sausage hot dog in Woodhall Spa country fair today.

With caramalised onion - still sizzling.

Tough choice - could have been a hand made venison burger.
MackyD? Just say no!

I know, that was one of my points for the OP. Bloody MackyD. Your lunch sounds very good even though the Lincolnshire sausage is not my favourite. But with the onions... Hmmm!

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
This has reminded me of something. You should see the hawkers down at West Bay, milking that Broadchurch programme for all it's worth. Get this; for only £8 you can have a guided walking tour to see the cliffs and the newsagent. Bargain!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE