Mysterious knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Thrym

Forager
Dec 20, 2006
Bristol, England
Me and my dad have just been ripping the old floor boards up on our house upstairs and under one of them we found this just wondered if anyone knew anything about it :confused: unfortunatly one side of the handle has crack and is loose and its all abit old and knackered.
From what i can see It says "sheffield" on the bottom of each blade in small writting but its hard to make out and might say something different it looks like sheffield though. With all the blades folded in its 4inchs long
anyway if anyone knows anythign about it that would be cool its probably just a piece of crap but im pleased with my find :)
Josh
kfefincy7.jpg

kfefin2gw8.jpg

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
Nice knife, Sheffield did kind of produce the biggest number of knives in history so that might not narrow it down a lo :lmao: t!!!
BTW nice signature, where did you get it from ;) ?

Thrym

Forager
Dec 20, 2006
Bristol, England
hah shows how much i know about knives lol.
to answer your question its a verse from the havamal

"Hávamál (Sayings of Hár, Sayings of the high one) is one of the poems of the Poetic Edda. It sets out a set of guidelines for wise living and survival; some verses are written from the perspective of Odin (particularly towards the end, where it segues into an account of Odin's obtaining of the magical runes and the spells he learned). It is both practical and metaphysical in content. The only surviving source for this poem is contained within the Codex Regius and is thought to be no older than c. year 800 . An early reference to the poem is by Eyvindr skáldaspillir in Hákonarmál, c. 960.
Hávamál consists of a number of poems, which shift in tone and tenor and narrative position"
says wikipedia

you can find various translations on the internet or purchase one i would definatly recommend taking a read
Josh

Thrym

Forager
Dec 20, 2006
Bristol, England
If someone knifey :rolleyes: lol can give it some love and fix it up. *one of the handle panel things is snapped bit missing* + its all just in need to some care
il send it to them to keep as long as i can get some pictures of it all nice and pimped once theyve finished with it.
i want it to go to a good home :)

Try and post over on BB I am sure someone there will know exactly what it is , On the doing it up side of things I would be happy to fix it up , I just got a book on pocket knife repair for Crimbo with lots of new knify tricks for me to try :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE