Mykle Hawke+T.O.P.S Hellion survival knife.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Hey Jon,

I have a better Bowie...a trial one made in Sheffield by a proper cutler as a "review trial". Only one made (and sent to SWAT magazine for review)...even comes with the original SWAT magazine :)

P Henry & Sons Bowie by British Red, on Flickr

Overall length 15 1/8"
Blade 10 1/2" long 1 7/8" wide 1/4" thick
Hollow ground
Steel is O1
Full tang
Antler Scales secured with 4 steel pins
Brass guard
Leather sheath with simple belt hanger
Made by Harry Lovejoy, proprietor of P Henry and Son - Sheffield

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Hey Jon,

I have a better Bowie...a trial one made in Sheffield by a proper cutler as a "review trial". Only one made (and sent to SWAT magazine for review)...even comes with the original SWAT magazine :)

P Henry & Sons Bowie by British Red, on Flickr

Ah, it is a beautiful knife Hugh, but it's not a Dundee. Boys will be boys and whores will have their trinkets. At least, I think that's how it goes.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire

Now, that I like! :D

Ahh, I knew this would come in handy...

BeatDeadHorse.gif

What's the GIF? My scumpooter has an on and off relationship with showing pics on photobucket :banghead: .
Stick it on flickr so that I can see it :lmao: :eek: :lmao:

And a loo review?

Let me guess ~ 'Toilet bowls ~ The Loo-down'

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
It is a wee pretty isn't it?

I like the fact that is in SWAT too - makes me smile that I now have things that were a fantasy then :)

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
pretty good video mate! from what I can see the knife looks like a decent chopper. that torch is soo cool! how much was it?

Last edited:

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
More play time today, decided to do a quick slicing and chopping comparison between THE HELLION!!! and two other choppers weighted either side, just a pic of the contenders at the mo, I am uploading the video as we speak.

Top to bottom:

TOPS Hawk Hellion Survivor 2020. 500g

You know it, I love it, THE GB Sfa! 900g

Iban parang, hand made in Belize, brought back by my slanty eyed friend Jap 300g

all weights without sheaths.
264879_10150321239074073_539479072_9433684_7314408_n.jpg

the drill was to remove the thick bark from a selection of Lime logs, then feather a piece of Alder, then chop through a quarter split of Alder. will post video as soon as it's done.

Cheers! Southey.

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Hahaha I like to keep my chopper's clean! Jon I get to rehandle his other parang that came back too. No joke it broke while he was cutting his ftfty pence the blade shot nhck a thocked into a tree right next to there Iban guides head! The guy was fine with it as his dad had made the knife, haha I think I might sink a pin through the handle for him.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Hahaha I like to keep my chopper's clean! Jon I get to rehandle his other parang that came back too. No joke it broke while he was cutting his ftfty pence the blade shot nhck a thocked into a tree right next to there Iban guides head! The guy was fine with it as his dad had made the knife, haha I think I might sink a pin through the handle for him.

I hope Emm doesn't see all that spelling guff right there.

As you well know, I like my Iban parangs and have the scars to prove it. That one of yours is a beaut so if you ever want to sell it then see me first as I have a great collection on my office wall. I have a mate who has reinforced and pinned all of my Ibans now, as I don't want another side splitting incident like the last one.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
And on the subject of big daft knives... I was supposed to get my Dundee last week. Sadly they were out of stock and issued me a refund. I am anxiously awaiting a re-stock and then epic adventures and toilet reviews WILL begin.

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Yes my spelling suffers slot without the spellchecker on the pc. Hahaha I did wonder when you said you ache that it might be you scar twinging, this one is my friends too, bit he and a few phthees go out regularly toe the jungle school so may be able to get one or two brought back, will let you know when the opportunity comes along matey.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Yes my spelling suffers slot without the spellchecker on the pc. Hahaha I did wonder when you said you ache that it might be you scar twinging, this one is my friends too, bit he and a few phthees go out regularly toe the jungle school so may be able to get one or two brought back, will let you know when the opportunity comes along matey.

I'm quoting all these for posterity (evidence), cos' those typos will amuse my little pit viper so much! It's actually just the parang you have in your piccy that interests me. It is spot on 100% perfect to the one I had nabbed (lost). I have plenty of Iban parangs here, but as close as the blade is to yours, the handles are a little different.

DSC09994.jpg

DSC09821.jpg

DSC09461.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE