My traditional kit: canvas and leather!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Lovely looking set up. I was jealously thinking "well we can't all have that kind of money to spend" but then I realised that I have probably spent double what that lot cost over the years buying crap and less suitable stuff (not that I have many regrets). I think If I had access to some nearby woodland that I could fully utilize I might switch to similar stuff. Sadly I have no where local that I can have many wood fires or make much in the way of shelters hence the need for more modern kit.

Cheers, I get a fiver a week pocket money, then Christmas and birthday presents, so I just save up- it's strange how it all accumulates! :)

As for the land, I reckon you could get permission, or you could even attend meets where you can do it but it's organised already :).

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Very nice looking kit you got there bud and some moneys worth of quality goods! :)

I've been lusting after the same Frost River pack myself for a while now, Think I'm gunna order one in next month or so and build a nice traditional style kit.

Thanks for sharing :)

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Very nice looking kit you got there bud and some moneys worth of quality goods! :)

I've been lusting after the same Frost River pack myself for a while now, Think I'm gunna order one in next month or so and build a nice traditional style kit.

Thanks for sharing :)

Cheers mate!

I'd say go for it as soon as you can, one of the best, if not the best, things I ever bought, I went as high as a kite the first time I got my hands on it, it's really special and I'm sure you'll love it! :)

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
Very nice gear, Cameron. Nice to know you use it too. I'm in the process of making my own canvas day pack to go with my range of pouches.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Very nice gear, Cameron. Nice to know you use it too. I'm in the process of making my own canvas day pack to go with my range of pouches.

Cheers mate!

and aye as Sam says that'd be fantastic to see, I know you'll do a fantastic job! :)

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
Thanks, lads. I appreciate the vote of confidence, Cameron. I'm in the process of moving to an actual workshop, but with a bit of luck I might get it done in a couple of weeks. I'm having withdrawals at the moment; I havn't made anything in a week! :O

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Thanks, lads. I appreciate the vote of confidence, Cameron. I'm in the process of moving to an actual workshop, but with a bit of luck I might get it done in a couple of weeks. I'm having withdrawals at the moment; I havn't made anything in a week! :O

Sounds good mate, I'm eagerly awaiting seeing it finished! :)

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Nice set up there... there is just something about traditional kit :)..

me thinks there should be a traditional section on the forum....

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Nice set up there... there is just something about traditional kit :)..

me thinks there should be a traditional section on the forum....

Thanks Stu and I know just what you mean about traditional kit :).

Also just added my candle lantern and pouch to the OP as I forgot about that :eek:.

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
Fantastic set of gear, very well chosen. You have almost piqued my interest in the Daniel Boone style kit. Very tactile, functional and gorgeous to observe. Congratulations on your fine collection.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE