My traditional kit: canvas and leather!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Fantastic set up you have there, I'm really starting to see the appeal of traditional stuff. I've not seen the kanteen blanket before is that like a bivi bag???

Sent from somewhere?

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Fantastic set up you have there, I'm really starting to see the appeal of traditional stuff. I've not seen the kanteen blanket before is that like a bivi bag???

Sent from somewhere?

Cheers!

It's just an open square sheet of wool backed G1000, but I guess it could be used like a bit of an envelope bag if folded in half, but I generally just use it as a ground pad :)

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
what ya think of the pinewood shirts?

Missed this sorry mate.

They're great, I chose it over a Fjallraven which was very similar, saw the fjallraven and waited for a pinewood in stock, both just as good but the pinewood one was fifty odd quid cheaper and it's done me well since last year, comfy warm but breathable and a good bit of kit all round :).

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Nice one Cameron :)
Some tasty gear right there, making me want to get my boonie stuff out to play again.

sausage100uk

Settler
May 4, 2013
United Kingdom
I have some cotton sacks that im turning into swags for the summer, i reckon swag, inflatable mattress and a couple of blankets will be perfect for summer nights.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Blimey, its taken me thirty years and I still haven't been able to afford all that lovely kit!
You're a very lucky chap :)

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
I have some cotton sacks that im turning into swags for the summer, i reckon swag, inflatable mattress and a couple of blankets will be perfect for summer nights.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Sounds great that, I could imagine that to be a comfy nights sleep! :)

Blimey, its taken me thirty years and I still haven't been able to afford all that lovely kit!
You're a very lucky chap :)

Cheers, and I sure am! :)

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
Lovely looking set up. I was jealously thinking "well we can't all have that kind of money to spend" but then I realised that I have probably spent double what that lot cost over the years buying crap and less suitable stuff (not that I have many regrets). I think If I had access to some nearby woodland that I could fully utilize I might switch to similar stuff. Sadly I have no where local that I can have many wood fires or make much in the way of shelters hence the need for more modern kit.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE