My take on the WM1

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rhodri

Forager
Nov 12, 2004
Suffolk
Hi all,

Finished this a while ago and posted on BB, but forgot to post it here. Apologies if any of you have seen it before... :rolleyes:

I like a handy little utility/whittler and love Fallkniven's blades so a custom WM1 was an obvious choice :)

The blade is slightly modified as I found the finger guard too large and just filed most of it off. Zebrawood scales. I decided not to go for liners (they just did'nt look right IMHO). Loveless bolts, finished with just Linseed/Turpentine.

Knife3.jpg

I decided to try a fully enclosed 'flap' sheath. I didn't like the idea of a popper for closure so decided to try a button instead. It's another piece of Zebrawood with a small glued wedge to hold in the leather strap. Since the photo was taken it fell off :rolleyes: (never did seem very strong), so now it's just knotted. My finishing is still a bit rough on the sheath, but I'm starting to really enjoy the leatherwork - time to get a few more tools I think.

3.jpg

It's been used quite a bit since the photo was taken and is a really lovely little thing - amazingly useful given its size. I'm chuffed with my efforts on this one - turned out quite well.

Hope you like it.

Cheers,
Rod

Reactions: tomtom
M

Millbilly

Been looking at getting one of these for use as a neck knife. How thick is the blade?

M

Millbilly

Cheers mate! :D
Sturdy is the word that best sums up my F1, too. Thats Fallkniven for ya! :lmao:

Si

Mr_Yarrow

Forager
May 16, 2005
UK, Hertfordshire
Very nice job on that one mate, managed to miss it on BB, glad I got a chance to see it :D

Please tell me you'd been makiing/modding knives for a while before you did that, or im gonna be pretty upset :slap:

Rhodri

Forager
Nov 12, 2004
Suffolk
Thanks for all your nice comments. The encouragement does help when you're just learning something new :)

Mr_Yarrow said:
Very nice job on that one mate, managed to miss it on BB, glad I got a chance to see it :D

Please tell me you'd been makiing/modding knives for a while before you did that, or im gonna be pretty upset :slap:

I'd done a couple before. Only two though. To be honest the learning curve with fulltang blades isn't too steep IMHO. It's those scandis that can drive you mad...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE