My Perfect Stove Kit.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I think I may have got the last red one, cream colour do you?! I'll try and post a picture, although Photobucket is trying my patience the last couple of days. I'll see what I can do!

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Photobucket is doing it's thing. God knows how long it will take, it is giving me the right hump lately! The picture has come out with an orange tinge to the front of the drainer, bit wierd but as you say, it'll probably all burn off after the first firing! I may be going back that way before Delamere so I'll pick one up for you, if I can get the photo to work you can decide whether it will suit your purposes.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Now, that was quick! I've waited for half an hour or more over the last few days!

HPIM2933.jpg

Aragorn

Settler
Aug 20, 2006
Wrexham, North Wales
cheers spam, don't make a special journey, only if your passing, i've got the 12cm billy myself so if you say it's a good fit, i think it will do nicely. again no worries if you don't go that way i'll get somethig sorted sooner or later ;)

yea that looks cool, i can see the pic now.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Right then, I'll pick one up. I'm gonna shamelessly nick The Vikings' skewer idea aswell, so I'll be picking some up. I'll bring them along aswell.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
After meeting wayland at delamere, I thought id have a go at making a similar stove after a trip to morrisons.

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2262&cat=500

I took it to the bushmoot and it worked rearly well, but as usual got me thinking of other designs.
I liked the look of the colapseable stove from chris randall ( No conection etc found out thro here) so out came the credit card! obviously I didn't make it or get it for £4 but I like the way it flat packs down into a CD sized wallet, and thought it would work well with a BCB crusader mess tin (still waiting for this after 5weeks!) The bonus being i can have a fry up without an extra pan, as well as boiling and its easy it eat out of. U can also as put a bail on it.
Hope I havent offended cylinder fans here and any comments would be welcome. Especially if u think im wasting my time. Also have a mini trangia to try with it.:)

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
So after reading all through thsi thread and being totally amazed, does this rate better than a trangia?
I have the swedish army one which is nice and packs together but heavy.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
if you havn't already bought the skews spam i've got a 6 pack here, they need cutting to lenght, but should do the job nicely, your welcome to a couple of them

Many thanks, I will take you up on that offer. One less thing to go hunting around for!

By the way, has anybody got a Camelbak cleaning kit they can bring to Delamere? I've just found an old Camelbak that has started its' own little world and has 'stuff' growing in it! :eek: I've got the worst out, but the pipe is a problem as you can imagine.

It should be blue.

It's black at the moment!

Wayland

Hárbarðr
So after reading all through thsi thread and being totally amazed, does this rate better than a trangia?
I have the swedish army one which is nice and packs together but heavy.

I reckon mine is about the same as a trangia on meths but I can also use hexy or available fuels like pine cones or twigs.

It's certainly lighter than my stainless trangia, don't know about the ally one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE