My outdoor photos! (picture heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi Cameron,

Always good to see another thread started by yourself and really enjoyed the photographs. I've seen some of them before but it's good to see examples of not only well cared for gear but a well looked after habitat too. Your campsites and preparation areas are kept very neat and great consideration is shown for the gift of the land around you. Great to see, especially from a young age as it isn't always instilled 'till later on in life.
Particularly liked the "horses hoof" prep, a satisfying job with good results at the end.
Take it you're about to have seven weeks of fun outside? Have a great time and remember us poor souls with a write up and picture or two!

ATB,

Colin.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Hi Cameron,

Always good to see another thread started by yourself and really enjoyed the photographs. I've seen some of them before but it's good to see examples of not only well cared for gear but a well looked after habitat too. Your campsites and preparation areas are kept very neat and great consideration is shown for the gift of the land around you. Great to see, especially from a young age as it isn't always instilled 'till later on in life.
Particularly liked the "horses hoof" prep, a satisfying job with good results at the end.
Take it you're about to have seven weeks of fun outside? Have a great time and remember us poor souls with a write up and picture or two!

ATB,

Colin.

Ah cheers Colin mate, that's really kind :).

Well itll be a lot of house move but I should get some nice trips in, our Sweden adventure has been postponed to next year for that reason but we should still be getting out plenty! :)

Lynx

Nomad
Jun 5, 2010
Wellingborough, Northants
Well I didn't think I'd be viewing these for that length of time, but well worth it. That's a great location, fantastic pics, incredible set of kit and you clearly know how to use it all at such a young age. Enjoy it all while you're young, free and single! I'm very envious!

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Well I didn't think I'd be viewing these for that length of time, but well worth it. That's a great location, fantastic pics, incredible set of kit and you clearly know how to use it all at such a young age. Enjoy it all while you're young, free and single! I'm very envious!

Cheers! :)

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
I didn't realise you were such a tender age mate, not that it matters your obviously a good outdoorsman and have some classic good kit.
Your missing a bushtool thoe!

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
I didn't realise you were such a tender age mate, not that it matters your obviously a good outdoorsman and have some classic good kit.
Your missing a bushtool thoe!

Cheers mate!

and tell me about it- on the list for sure (maybe my Christmas pressie!)

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Wow.. That is a lot of kit! Nice kit, I might add. :)

Certainly worth the read too, really inspiring shot dude, loved it!

Are you a left hand catty shooter?

One thing missing from that collection though, a quality harmonica to harp out the lone hours by the smoke. (Hohner special 20 in C is everything you'll need before you find your tune)

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria

One thing missing from that collection though, a quality harmonica to harp out the lone hours by the smoke. (Hohner special 20 in C is everything you'll need before you find your tune)

Cheers mate!

I'm a right handed for most but I got that one in lefty and it works well- it will work the other way but the theraband a don't go over the top that way. :)

Edit: better way of putting it is I can use either, kind of ambidextrous. Favour the right but I'm fine with left although not with anything else only cattys? Bit odd but I'm fine with both. :)

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland

Harmonica's a good idea, but what about a Jews Harp? he could even make his own like this one from Papua New Guinea
1439NewGuineajawharpbackLG.jpg

And finally here a short tune on one for your perusal and enjoyment! True mountain man music!:eek:

[video=youtube;yx0nnZZVnd8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx0nnZZVnd8[/video]

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
They're really interesting- never seen those before, though I have to admit I've never been a musical person- not sure why. But it must say making a Jews harp would be an interesting project and somewhat more complicated than a elder whistle too :).

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
I'm waiting for a small DAB radio for music in the woods, planet rock beats a jaw's harp any day!
Probably make a leather case for it so it looks a bit 'woody!'

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
I'm waiting for a small DAB radio for music in the woods, planet rock beats a jaw's harp any day!
Probably make a leather case for it so it looks a bit 'woody!'

Haha- leather case sounds great too! It's be good for the weather forecast too :).

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Live music is fine .. canned music I just find intrusive in the woods :)
Make an instrument and use it in tune with the environment by all means :D

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Some nice pics there bud ,, glad to see that your enjoying the outdoors ... did you catch any fish

Cheers mate!

Not on the loch- lost a sea trout which was disappointing- I've found tha with any real chance of catching something stocked lakes are needed. I don't mean ones dull of franks fish but wild lochs have very few but Wiley fish. I've caught plenty nice ones- a 4lb 7oz rainbow was my best, few years back but a good'un I'll dig out a photo :).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE