My next DIY knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rhodri

Forager
Nov 12, 2004
Suffolk
Here's my fourth attempt at a knife. This is another that was posted on BB first, so again apologies if you've seen it before. :rolleyes:

95mm stainless Eklund blade, birch scales, the obligatory vulcanised liners, Loveless bolts, brass lanyard tube.

4Knife.jpg

Rather garish liners...

5Liners.jpg

Here it is with simple pouch sheath.

5Insheath.jpg

Nice quality blade this - a pleasure to work with. Has plenty of meat in the tang and has ended up with very good balance (more by accident than design on my part :lol: ). Only failing for a classic 'bushcraft' knife is a quite rounded spine - doesn't like firesteels. Haven't got around to dealing with that but will do.

My sheaths are still a bit basic but the finishing is getting better - this one actually has excellent fit, with a nice 'snick' to it and good positive retention (again more by accident than design).

Oh, the nasty texture comes from a plastic chopping board I used to clamp it up to help with wet-forming. :rolleyes: Doh!

Anyway hope you like it. I'm happy with it and it's about to get a good test. It (and it's little WM1 brother I made not long ago) are off to Chedworth...

Cheers,
Rod

yarrow

Forager
Nov 23, 2004
Dublin
It's threads like this that make me wont to have a go myself :rolleyes: Thanks for taking the time to post these pic's!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE