My new Leather Knife

Ive needed a Leather cutting out knife for a bit now but have been making do with one of my little bushy jobs which while sharp enough isnt really suitable as its a bit thick.

So while playing with a couple of spoon knife handles the other day and it seemed to work for a cutting blade.
I had a bit of Holly that i found a couple of years ago which has a bit of wood worm but is still sound. Hoovered out a few worms

Aso had a go at making a propper mosaic pin So enough waffle hered the result .
blade is about 1" and is a bit of large hacksaw blade with a singel sided bevel
polished edge razor sharpe

Leatherknife1.jpg

Leatherknife2.jpg

and this is how you hold it if your not sure

Leatherknife3.jpg

not every ones cup of tea but its really comfy and very exact

ATB

Duncan
http://www.britishblades.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83945

Gaoler

Tenderfoot
Jun 22, 2009
Notts
Nice. Looks like I've found myself a new project. Got some nice Knotty Hawthorn for the handle.

malley

Nov 17, 2008
Northumberland
Duncan

This looks great - like the the look of the " wormwood" handle!

Worried about your fingers in the bottom picture? We need them to stay in good health!

Cheers,
Steve.

That looks like a great design for a leather knife. Might just have to try somethig like that if I can find a piece of steel the right size :)

got some here if you want a bit.

HillBill said:
Not bad at all mate. Have you left the woodworm holes as is? Are they noticable in the hand if soHillBillNot bad at all mate. Have you left the woodworm holes as is? Are they noticable in the hand if so?

yes the woodwrom is left unfilled and no dont notice apart from my middle finger as there is a ridge ,but i also have a matching cut which might be the problem i will fill it if it is .

im going to alter the blade shape a bit it cuts fine but is a bit wide at the tip for tight curves so i think i will lay the point down a bit on the lambs foot

ATB

Duncan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE