My new knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 24, 2008
Weston Super Mare
Hi all

Just received my new knives that I had made by Bernie Garland www.berax.co.uk. Pictures below. I have had 2 new knives made as a pair. A large camp knife and a smaller knife for meat and food preperation. I am really excited about them and am looking forward to the weekend to try them out.

The smaller one is a neck knife and I have had a firesteel made to go with it. THe larger camp knife is really well balanced and feels very comfy in the hand. It feels like I have a lot of control even with it being a larger knife.

Included in the photo is the first knife I had made by Bernie and the possibles pouch as well.

Bernie if you read this then great work and thank you very much. I am over the moon.

P1020193.jpg

P1020199-1.jpg
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk156/The-Silver-Fox/P1020199-1.jpg

Native Justice

Forager
Apr 8, 2008
Littleton, CO USA
Congrats Sean! You're going to have a lot of fun braking those babies in ... lol.

Absolutely beautiful work Bernie! What wood was selected for the handle scales? It's beautiful. Tell us a bit about the pair if you don't mind ...

Love the belly on that camp knife. Ought to make short work of any tinder and firewood needs you might have around camp, that's for sure.

NJ

May 24, 2008
Weston Super Mare
Bernie made the scales out of Box Elder Burr. Both the camp knife and the smaller Prepping Knife as I call it are the same. My Rabbiter I am not sure what the scales are but If Bernie is on here Im sure he'll let you know. The photos do not really do the knives justice and its not until you hold and use the camp knife you really appreciate how good it is.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Send the knives to me and I'll try to get some pictures that do the knives justice, honest!

:D

Cracking knives you've got there, Bernies' knives really do cut the mustard, and the meat and wood and cordage and anything else you want to cut!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE