my new cegga axe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
i thought id share a few photos of my cegga axe. the first two show the axe new and unused

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

i then took a walk to the woods to try it out.

IMG_0142.jpg

^^^this is my attempt at an arty shot and shows the hawthorn in full bloom

two weeks ago this was a stream. it shows how little rain we have had recently

IMG_0143.jpg

yours truely, trying to look all "bushy"! showing how the cegga carries on the back-pack.

IMG_0144.jpg

making some light work of some kindling

IMG_0145.jpg

the fruits of the axe work

IMG_0146.jpg

take one pine log, a nice axe and chop it into something that resembles a second world war bomb!

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

regards rob

comments please...

thanks to my son for getting the photo's up!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
As I learned a few years ago "flowers before leaves is blackthorn, leaves before flowers is hawthorn". It helped me anyway :)

How did the axe feel in use to you Rob? I have to say, in use, the one Michael made for me felt plain weird to satrt with. Such a different balance and heft to a traditional axe.

Red

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Does Cegga have a website or do you contact him via PM. It would be nice to know roughly what one of these axes cost versus the similar axe from GB. As this is a custom axe I would expect it to cost more but it would be nice to know roughly how much more.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Does Cegga have a website or do you contact him via PM. It would be nice to know roughly what one of these axes cost versus the similar axe from GB. As this is a custom axe I would expect it to cost more but it would be nice to know roughly how much more.
He's a member here, so have a chat via PM would be my advice. Clearly what you want drives the price - but I think he is amazingly cheap compared to a custom knife!

Red

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Hi folks,

Thanks for the replies. Bob, your right, the billy started life as a Matalan coffee container, and is 10cm wide, with as you guessed, a coat hanger bail arm.

The axe weighs in at 2lb 10oz, so no lightweight, i had to weigh in imperial, as there was'nt enough metric weights for our kitchen scales !.

Gill, i had a GB sfa, but felt it had no "soul", so moved it on, i felt it split well, but could'nt say if it was better.

Red, i have a couple of large traditional axe's, but have'nt used them since we moved, and no longer have a wood burner. I have how ever, been using an elwell, that i re-handled, with a straight handle, so have got used to the style. It chops better than the elwell, but i think the weight difference is a factor.

Rob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE