My new bushcraft set up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

zed4130

Forager
Aug 4, 2011
poole
I got these two Hultafors a few day ago and there pretty good knives for the money, i didnt mind the plastic sheaths to much as similar to what i see mora's have and will do the job, but i wanted to add extra stuff to it as wont wear it on a belt as will keep it in my backpack untill i need it, i used HH molle pouch i think ther under £6 , there a bargain and i will buy another one , in the pouch ive got a small sharpening stone,some tinder,and fishing line/hooks/weights,and my opinel #4 also on the pouch is a fire steel that strikes perfectly on the back of the hultafors blade, i will do more of a review on these knive's as i use them, i want to pick up a mora first as to do a comparison, ill take more pics of the pouch friday as getting a little dark here now,
P1010062-3.jpg

P1010062-4.jpg

P1010067.jpg

zed4130

Forager
Aug 4, 2011
poole
cheers guys, yes the pouch is from HH and a blooming bargain as so well made, i would expect to pay at least £10-15 for one like this, it fits very nicely on and i added the ring to stop it sliding down, you can see the ring more clearly on the HVK's sheath in my top pic,

zed4130

Forager
Aug 4, 2011
poole
I'm a big fan of the Hultafors knives, well worth the money.

They seem pretty tough mate, this is my first bushcraft type knife as usualy just carry a opinel #8-4 or a vic huntsman or explorer,im really likeing these, not sure what one i will use the most so time will tell,

palace

Forager
Mar 4, 2011
NW London England
I have just checked the pouch I keep my firesteel tube in, a friend gave me the pouch and would appear identical: zed4130 does yours have made in the USA on a tag.

Please post when you have a Mora which is your preference

zed4130

Forager
Aug 4, 2011
poole
I have just checked the pouch I keep my firesteel tube in, a friend gave me the pouch and would appear identical: zed4130 does yours have made in the USA on a tag.

Please post when you have a Mora which is your preference

Hi mate, nope no tags, but under a fiver and a solid molle type pouch,

zed4130

Forager
Aug 4, 2011
poole
Looks like a great little pouch, thanks for the heads up!! does anyone no if a Mora clipper will fit in there?
Cheers
Steve

i bet it this pouch will fit perfect on the clipper sheath, i should have my companion toady so ill see if it fits that sheath,

zed4130

Forager
Aug 4, 2011
poole
Thats brilliant cheers mate, a piccy would be awesome :You_Rock_

No problem mate, i just got 2 moras today a old #1 from a member on here and a companion in SS from HH, and yep the pouch fits perfectly, although i would add some inner tube around the sheath or a ziptie through the loop on the pouch to sop it sliding down as no hole for a ring like on the hulafors sheath,
P1010064-2.jpg

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
No problem mate, i just got 2 moras today a old #1 from a member on here and a companion in SS from HH, and yep the pouch fits perfectly, although i would add some inner tube around the sheath or a ziptie through the loop on the pouch to sop it sliding down as no hole for a ring like on the hulafors sheath,
P1010064-2.jpg

Mate that looks excellent!! does it sit very high up on your belt? Seems like a very cheap and functional way of carrying a Mora and not needing to worry about the rubbish sheath!
I have been looking at leather sheaths but you dont get much change out of £30!! bloody nice though!!
Cheers
Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE