My new bush bed !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
Forget your tents, hammocks, sleeping mats, bivibags. The future is here 1.1kg of insulated sleeping magic. One of these and a top quilt job done. Packs small and easy to inflate.

Here's mine

a0cb7e01d2ab8f9f4bce7befdca40b0c.jpg

They can be purchased here

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272252868839

All I need now is the green one!

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
If they would remain inflated for 7 hours I would have one.

It would break my sleep getting up every couple of hours to wave that around in the wind :(

Very comfy for a short rest though.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Looking forward to hearing how it performs, several people including myself have been eyeing these with some interest.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'm trying to put together the lightest but most practical kit I can find for HWMBLT.
As he gets older he finds the carrying more and more a burden instead of just stuff he has to take to get to the places he wants to walk/climb.

Watching this thread with interest :D

M

IC_Rafe

Forager
Feb 15, 2016
EU
This is uninsulated. It's just a giant air bag, with the air being able to move freely. It might work on warm summer days, but wouldn't use it anywhere it gets a bit cold.

(They are very comfy though, i've sat in some in non camping situations, and like them, just wouldn't use them as a camping bed.)

Edit: also just too heavy to use while camping imo, but i like to go as light as i can go with my budget, which is still too heavy for my liking sometimes ;)

And another edit: How would you say that replaces a tent? If you have a bed, you don't need a roof over your head?

Last edited:

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
There not insulated, just a bag full of air. Its going to get cold sleeping on that so really you would need a mat anyway to be comfortable.

Tonyuk

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
A solid meal of Baked Beans will keep it inflated!

Mmm, and toasty warm.

Saw these on Kickstarter a while ago for lots of cash, but eBay and the Chinese supermarkets do similar for good prices. I was at the West Dean Chilli Fiesta on Saturday and the people next to us had a couple. I turfed one of them out and had a go, very comfortable, but will never be part of my sleep systems.

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
I did post this with tongue in cheek. However, I do find it really comfy. Mine does deflate after a couple of hours and there is a knack in getting it filled, a good wind helps. I spent a very nice few hours on it yesterday afternoon reading. There is a knack to getting your balance but once mastered it's fine. I went out at midnight to see how long I could sleep. The temp was 7" with a slight breeze and with my top I was warm and toasty. I had no issue with a cold back. I woke up at 2.55 with my bum on the floor like as the bag had deflated I didn't feel like refilling it so went indoors. I think the bag is great and I love it I would take it on a day hike to sit or have a rest on but it's not practical for an overnighter. For recreational use its just the job. I actually bought it to use on pebbly beaches for which I think it would be great.

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Thanks for that Gaudette, pity that a revised design is not available (so that it would remain inflated for a much greater duration), otherwise I would have one for say, car camping.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE