My Mooting days are over.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Well, I knew this day would come eventually. Last year was a physical struggle, and my kncakerdness and achyness this year is worse.
Add to that my 67 year old wife can no longer be left to fend for herself for two weeks and it comes down to last year being my last moot.

Good luck everyone. It was great meeting you all over the past years.

Eric

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
That is sad news mate - I enjoyed your whisky ..erm ... company, knowledge and skills.
Please keep posting here though, eh?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
We need a, "We aten't dead yet", meet for those who need the pleasure of being out, enjoying the company, talking and teaching, but need it done easily. Merthyr Mawr's a great site, but it's too far for me these days.

Sorry to hear you won't manage the Moots, Eric. I hope things are contentedly busy for you and the family though.

:grouphug:
Mary

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Sorry to hear that you wont be at the Moot but as you stated, family comes first. Best wishes to you and your wife.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
Sorry to hear that eric, you gave me a lift to my very first mini scottish meet some years back! Will always be grateful for the advice and example you set!

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Sad news Eric, just a couple of days ago I wrote your name done on a list of people to get in contact with to see how you're doing, if you're coming etc. I hope that even though yon don't come to the Moot we'll see you around on here and you'll keep sharing your extensive knowledge goodjob

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
really sorry to hear that Eric
Your leather courses are legendary
As are the fancy dress themes
Not to mention the radio course this year!

Forgeways

Jun 25, 2010
Machynlleth, powys
Really sorry to see you wont be making it this year Eric, you were one of the first people I met at the Moot a few years ago and certainly made an impression :) I wear the belt you helped me make daily and will wear this and the goatskin sporran, this and every year in your honour

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
The way circumstances have fallen I've only been to one Moot. But my chat with you with a core part of that experience.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Oh I am sad to hear that Eric, you will be missed. Thank you for your various contributions to making the Moot an interesting, successful and enjoyable experience.

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Sounds like you need to treat your wife to a fortnight caravaning in South Wales...:)

Cyclingrelf

Mod
Mod
Jul 15, 2005
Penzance, Cornwall
So sorry to read this Eric. We'll look you up if we're up your way. Meantime, will carry on enjoying your posts here and on Facebook.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE