My latest knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
OK - the photos are rubbish - I had to "enhance" them to get to see the embossing through the high glass finish on the sheath - but the knife is now my current favourite.
The blade is a FGYT made model I had off Dougster in a trade.
It came as a Full Flat grind to a blunt 1mm wide edge, ready for me to convex grind the final edge...this was fun with hand tools - lots of abrasives got worn out in the process :)...but I got there in the end and I have a knife that is scarey sharp! As ever I have patinated the blade - which I took back to a "satin" finish first.
The handle is made from a bit of some sort of burr that I have had for ages (keeping it for the right knife :D) and may also have come as a trade from Dougster - I have no idea what wood it is :confused:.
The liners are a rich brown (also from Dougster) and I have used brass Cutlers rivets and brass tube and Bison 5 min Epoxy to hold handle to steel.
The sheath is 3.5mm veg tan embossed and wet formed with a "leaf and flower" patterning (getting in touch with my female side again) which co-ordinates with pouches and belts I use regularly. The fixed "Double Dangler" belt loop is on a rectangular brass 'ring' (also from Dougster I think...) and all the leather is dyed with dylon SUEDE dye (I find it penetrates well, is cheap and easily available...) and finished with shoe polish. All edges were wet burnished.
DSCF4147.jpg

DSCF4152.jpg

Everthing is shinier in real life....

This knife is not for sale unless your bank account is measured in millions, your wife is of 'Super-Model' status and your children old enough and fit enough for slave duties....;)

Bigrich

Jan 26, 2011
Malvern
Lovely knife John and with the sheath too, all looks like a really well thought out peace of kit!

Rich

I

IBrown

Very nice looking knife. I like the brass buckle at the top of the sheath and the leatherwork.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
That there leather sure is purty!
Cracking job John.Shame you can't remember the wood as it looks like the mystery wood on a fixed damascus blade that I had from spader on here a while ago.
Hard as the hobs of hell it is but no-one seems to be able to identify it.Looks just like yours.
Unfortunately the leather is still in my projects list so have plenty of time to perfect the handle!
Cheers , Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE