My Inspiration was this Forum (Pic. Heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi all,

Just thought I'd show you some of my handy work, which would never have happened if I hadn't found BushcraftUK.

The pictures of everyones work and the things they could learn just by reading this site and trying it out themselves inspired me. I had always had an affinity to wood, always liked the touch and would rather have wooden toys than the modern ones of my boyhood.
Through most of my 42 years I always dreamed of carving or having a job that dealt in wood. I turned out to be a computer techie for the govt. so the job dreams went away but I always dreamed of carving but never had the nerve to try incase I failed, but this site literally electrified me when I saw peoples work( metal ,camp crafts as well as wood work to much to take in sometimes.. I have to try it all lol, much to my wifes dismay ,another story I think). But anyway I came here as I was interested in learning Bushcraft as I had seen the Great Ray Mears on the goggle box & wanted to try out door things :).
But as I say again your woodcraft skills & kindess when asked questions gave me the nerve to try.
So here are some of my humble offerings :

1st a group pic: in all there glory :)
Group%20of%20carvings.jpg

2nd :My own knife, I've made a few of these, one for my own Dad & one for his brother my other inspiration(this man is amazing, this is story for a campfire and not the net), I always get satisfaction from these, just a stick they say.
my%20own%20knife.jpg

my%20own%20knife%201.jpg

I harden the blades on these and sharpen them.

3rd my 1st paper knife , the Old man:My 1st Wood spirit, doing some proper Woodspirits now(still in progress,as with all my stuff :))
Old%20man%20paper%20knife%201.jpg

Old%20man%20paper%20knife%202.jpg

Old%20man%20paper%20knife.jpg

4th: Some of my spoons.
Spoon%20selection.jpg

5th: My knife and fork: never used them, just like them.
KF%20set.jpg

6th:My fishing set: antler hook , float (light peice of wood) & my line handle, I'm going to try these eventually :p
Fishing%20set.jpg

7th:My Quaich, well you know what this is for, I over used it last time & it cracked :( ( had to superglue it, can't drink from it now, but it still looks good)
Quaich.jpg

8th: My 1st , 2nd & 3rd Lime carving's . 2 surface carvings and my 1st free standing "Twist in lime", lol my girls call this the pretzel, can't see it myself ;)
Acorn Leaves.jpg

flower.jpg

Twist in Lime.jpg

9th: A copy of my World of Warcraft Poleaxe :) (don't ask :rolleyes:) next to my marshmallow spike.
PoleaxeWoW and mallow spike.jpg

Well these are a few of the things I've tried since starting here and lots more to come.
I just thought I'd say Thank You and let you you see a little of my work. A lot of it looks unfinished, it's just how I am , but I am praticing my skills and will eventually produce a Finished work :).

:thankyou: all & :thanks: BushcraftUK

Andy

p.s I don't normally talk or type much, so I sometimes ramble :eek:

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE