my first winter hang.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Topcat1308

Tenderfoot
Feb 9, 2011
Wirral
Was up in lakes Sun - Tuesday and it was -2 (substantial frost and snow on mountains) so there was no dispute about it being cold. I used a softie bag as an underquilt but needed to have a multimat in with me at that temp.

Rig the tarp close to you, i use a hennessey so tends to be easier/default. Dip your feet in cold water before you get in your bag - old scout technique, used it second night and you get that warm cozy feeling when youre going to sleep, then atleast you think you are warm and will get to sleep whilst your hammock begins to warm up properly.

Also eat hot meal late as you can.

Myself and one or two pals are meeting up for a winter camp in Cornwall from Saturday morning until Monday lunchtime. The weather forcast is for cold north east wind bringing cold arctic air straight off Scandinavia,night time temps are expected to go down to -5c , a cold one!
I think i am prepared,high calorie and high carb foods for the duration,am taking home cured bacon and chicken fillets too.I just finished making my first under quilt for my hammock,i just hope its warm enough,its made from a 15 tog duvet backed with space blanket type material to reflect body heat all covered in 1.1 O.D ripstop nylon,for top layer i have a Snugpack Antarctica 2 sleeping bag which i will use as a top quilt,and over the top of me will be a DDtarp .
so you guys got any tips on keeping warm or for winter hanging?

A balaclava and dinnae breath into your sleeping bag.

Windy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE