my first walking stick

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
This is my first attempt at a walking stick and i have to say i really enjoyed making this and i will be doing others.......i know there aren't too many details in the face but thats what i wanted. The spigot on the top is there to be used to support, along with some paracord, one corner of my basha. The leather strap is plaited for extra strength and can be adjusted by pulling some more through the hole. Let me know what you think.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/936/walkingstick003.jpg

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
thats good work mate, keep it up and post any more pics that you get......

thanks...

chris.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
it was great ss ............i will have to find some more .....i enjoyed it so much ive invested in some carving tools, i did that one with my old trusty s.a.k

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Cor, what a pile of.....Awesome! :D
puts my little off cuttings to shame lol. love the wood spirit carving, does that spiral all the way down?

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
thanks melonfish.............no the beard stops where you see......i was going to take it all the way down but i thought it may get knocked about so i didnt bother.....the next one im doing im going to do a few faces on it hopefully full length and with the beard of the one becoming the hair of the one below it

Robby

Nomad
Jul 22, 2005
Glasgow, Southside
Really nice work, I want to have a go at a wood spirit carving. I love the way you've spiralled the beard down the Stick. You're Idea of running the beard of one into the hair of the next sound really good. Looking forward to the pictures of that one....There will be pictures???? One question, what length is it?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE