my first cedar strip so far !!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

al21

Nomad
Aug 11, 2006
In a boat somewhere
cheers al21 , i,m using webbing just as a personal preferance plus im going to incorporate a couple of bulk heads/waterproof compartments with plastic access hatches -so i have deviated from the traditional look just a little bit !!:)

I've no intention of being critical of anyone capable of creating such an object of beauty. :notworthy I found that cane is lighter and dries quicker though.

The canoe keeps looking better and better. Nice paddles too!

Al

nuggets

Native
Jan 31, 2010
england
:D
Just keeps looking good :D

Wickes sold 5 x 7 metre tarps for £14, not brilliant stuff, but it would cover the back garden enough to give you a good sized dry area.
Just an idea :D

cheers,
Toddy

£24 in the local wickes down here !!! sheesh !!:) but it was an 8x5 the size she mentioned !!!

nuggets

Native
Jan 31, 2010
england
Well ,got me gunwhales on today and sanded the inside glass for the final coat of resin :) and cut me seat frames to size an gave them a couple of coats of varnish ;),just need to get some stainless steel rod now to fix them !!

P1020260.jpg

P1020262.jpg

P1020263.jpg

P1020269.jpg

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
This looks fantastic. Obviously the cloth must go pretty much see through when its on and with resin? What type of cloth and resin is it?

nuggets

Native
Jan 31, 2010
england
This looks fantastic. Obviously the cloth must go pretty much see through when its on and with resin? What type of cloth and resin is it?

thanks , i used this resin and 200g cloth
http://www.ecfibreglasssupplies.co....lyester-resin-including-catalyst/default.aspx

http://www.ecfibreglasssupplies.co....0g-sq-mtr-1270-mt-wide-per-meter/default.aspx

bit tricky doing it out side though !! If i did another one it would have to be in a workshop -away from direct sunlight !!

nuggets

Native
Jan 31, 2010
england
got me yoke and thwarts done today and fitted me waterproof hatches ready for the final assembly after the last resin coat goes on ,then its time to varnish !! yippee - but back to work tomorrow so it will have to wait till the weekend !!

P1020286.jpg

P1020285.jpg

P1020284.jpg

P1020282.jpg

:):)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE