My Father Has Had a Bad Turn...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
He fainted.

Took him up the hospital and they found nothing wrong...but want his GP to do further monitoring.

Hes healthy.

My thought is, could it be stress? Hes under a lot of pressure of late.

What do you think?

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
It could be many things Tengu, probably best not to speculate over the internet as it'll just worry you. :) Speculation is all your going to get.

As long as the GP is doing his job, its better in his hands. It could be stress, just as likely not.

trust in the gp and worry not until you have somethin to worry about.
online diagnosis is never good. we have someone at work who does it. in the last three yrs she has been treated for swine flu twice. throat cancer. heart murmurs. assorted minor ailments. still alive still kicking. now banned from using work pc to Google her symptoms
I hope your father is ok and whatever is ailing him is dealt with by the gp but do not worry

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
People faint for all sorts of reasons ; not necessarily linked to stress or ill health.
Don't worry about him but do make sure that he is eating and sleeping well.These
two factors will restore him to normal soon I'm sure ; as you say , he is healthy.
Best wishes ,
Simon

armie

Life Member
Jul 10, 2009
The Netherlands
Tengu, I understand what it feels like to be in need of answers in a situation such as yours, and I agree with wat the others have said. Care, but don't fill your head with worry.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I'm sorry to hear about this and will be thinking of you. As otherts have said, don't put too much into it until a full diagnosis is done. Like the old saying goes, "Don't borrow trouble."

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
My father was on medication for high blood pressure. He was fitter than they thought and his BP dropped further than it should and he passed out. He was stressed and dehydrated at the time too. Hope yours is comfortable - look after him!

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
I had something similar happen to me six years ago. It turned out it was a panic attack. If you new me you would realise that I am the last person you would suspect that to happen to. My GP reckoned it was a combination of things that set it off including my first child being born and a new job and house. I did not even feel that stressed by it all but there you go.

My symptoms were palpations and high blood pressure amongst other things. None of which ever really showed up when the doctor was prodding me.

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
If the hospital sent him home after a thorough check up, with the advice to attend his GP, then they're obviously not overly concerned.

I know it's worrying, but that's the reality of it. There's no point fretting yourself or him over it, especially if he is otherwise fit and well.
Chill out over the weekend, do something light but that's a change of scenery if you can.

I really hope it all clears up very shortly :)

atb,
M

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
It could very well be a one off thing but if you can support him a bit with the docs advice, it might help you see what it is thats been the likely cause, you can explain it to him and help him avoid the situation in future :) Best wishes to you both, Tengu and father :)

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
He is fine now. And as the Doctor was pleased to find; in his normaly very robust health.

Would we all be as healthy as him when we are his age.

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Can you do anything to help relieve the pressure on him, is he elderly? Mine is 75ish and stubborn as they come, bless 'em... my dad often hits a brick wall when he pushes himself too hard :rolleyes:

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Tengu, I am sorry to hear that he had a funny turn but if the Doctors are happy with his health he is fine.

This could be good for him though, if as you say is under stress this could be the trigger for him to calm down and relax.

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
He might be, we're aspies.... he's proud, self opinionated at times, refuses to make things easier on himself, gets cranky when he runs into his 'brick wall'.... but I'm his descendant so it might just be me ;) I worry about some of his decisions but he had a quad bypass that the docs refered to as 're-plumbing that'd be good for another 30 years' ;)

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
oh, I have Aspergers...Of course my father is quite neurotypical.

(He wouldnt dare be anything else...)

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Sorry to hear about your Dad Tengu. I've just been through a hellish time with mine, over the last few months, involving long stays in hospitals after a heart attack and other stuff as well. [Not getting into it on an open forum] I'd never have guessed you have aspergers from your posts. My brothers kid has aspergers, [hes competely fixated on steam trains!] And I know how much he relies on his Mum. Hope your old man gets well soon. ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE