My attempt at a formal sporran

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
A friend asked be to make a formal(ish) sporran for her fella. Hard to say no as it's not something I've tried before.

Anyway here is my attempt

7u9yvagu.jpg

Ran out of medium brown dye so just waiting to get another bottle.

3upemutu.jpg

The back belt/chain loop isn't attached yet as I'm not sure I like the shape.

Some interesting lessons learnt. Just not sure what to charge as she did say she'd pay me for it.

Orric

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Looking good Orric, before we know it you'll be out clubbing seals to make em professionally! Seriously though that's nice, as to price I don't know, how close are you, generous you feeling, how long it took, cost of materials? I hate putting prices on things,

keep it up though,
C.

Monikieman

Jun 17, 2013
Monikie, Angus
That's looking great. Is there (there will be) room for a hip flask? :cool:

I suppose you could have a look at a similar commercial one for price but that might be hard to find something the same so the price could go up as it's a commissioned peice.

The time and effort, especially the learning expoeriences, will outway the cost. I hate trying to price things as well.

The best thing is seeing it being worn (and a dram from the hip flask).

Last edited:

Monikieman

Jun 17, 2013
Monikie, Angus
I'm thinking that's a bit shy of what it's worth but you're maybe being kind as it was a friend!

Swap it for a nice bottle of malt! A really :rolleyes:nice bottle

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I'm thinking that's a bit shy of what it's worth but you're maybe being kind as it was a friend!

Swap it for a nice bottle of malt! A really :rolleyes:nice bottle

I know but I don't feel that I'm skilled enough to charge the full cost of time and materials. As I'm currently just being commissioned by mates I'm counting it all as a learning curve.

The friend is currently working with the reindeer herds on the Cairngorms I'm hoping she can source me a pelt.

Orric

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE