First attempt at a leather molded pouch

• Hey Guest, We've had to cancel our 2020 Summer BushMoot PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
As the title says, its my first attempt at a leather molded pouch.

I made the mold for the pouch from some offcuts of cherry wood and some plyboard I had... using a router to get the edges nice and rounded... then wet a piece of leather, formed it round the mold and then clamped it. Took a day or so to dry out.

It is made from cow leather with a pigskin liner. The fastener I'm not so keen on, so when I make my next one I'll find an alternative.

Made a few mistakes along the way, including slipping with my knife... going all wonky with the stitch groover, and the belt strap took a few attempts to get it right (plus I may have gone a little high on the stitching when I attached it to the pouch.... but overall I've learned some good lessons making it and I've enjoyed it :D

Monikieman

Jun 17, 2013
Monikie, Angus
That looks great. Not tried moulding yet but on the list!!

Sam Browne studs are a personal favourite but maybe not everyones cup of tea. Looks really neat though.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Thank you :D Really enjoyed making it... and the water bottle is in front of me now. Hoping to finish it this weekend.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I'm really getting into it now... another thing I've been working on is an axe cover for the axe I made last year at Dave Budd's.

Still quite a bit to do as it's got a 3 part cover for a lid, a belt hanger to attach and I haven't treated it yet, but really pleased with how its coming along :D

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Thank you again :D I've already started on my second one, hopefully make some improvements to the pattern and maybe change around the front fixing.

Mick, currently working on a knife sheath or two... and another type of sheath for my new favourite tool :D