My 2014 Birthday Bash

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Well last weekend it was that time again where I spent the weekend in the woods celebrating my birthday with some good friends :cool:

Unfortunately due to some of them having other commitments not everyone I invited was able to attend :( but those that did had a great time and the weather gods were kind for us with a dry weekend and some warm sunny skies :)

It took place as usual at Rough Close and on my favourite pitch of the whole site :). For everyone it was a weekend of just relaxing and recharging and enjoying the company of each other, I know I certainly did.

Anyway enough blathering on and get to the pictures.

As it was my birthday weekend I decided to treat myself to some surf and turf on the Friday night :D

Some of the various pitches.

My home for the weekend

And the view from the bed in the morning :)

Young Maddy had been given her first knife so Damian went through knife safety with her

As I said, it was a weekend of relaxing and recharging

The evenings were spent around the fire

Some axe skills were used though ;)

And the trying on of some kit :)

There was also some admiration of kit...this was Roy's 100+year old oak box that he'd converted into a fantastic wannigan

We also went on a pignut hunt and found some of the elusive little beasties hunter2.gif

And these were the intrepid hunters with their elusive prey

Some skinned pignuts

This one tried passing itself off as a duck but we weren't fooled :)

We also came across this little pretty but none of us could identify it... Anyone care to enlighten us?

One of the traditions of my Birthday Bash weekends is a good meal for everyone on the Saturday night and this year it was a simple sausage and mash night :)

We were spoilt for choice on the sausage front with ordinary traditional farmhouse sausages, pork and tomato, garlic and cracked pepper, sage and fennel, mozzarella and basil, sweet chilli and pepper and everyones favourite which had been supplied by Gary... honey and stem ginger :p

In the end we were were all stuffed to bursting and couldn't face another sausage :lmao:

Unfortunately all good things come to an end :( but I made sure my pitch was left nice and tidy

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I still look at that plate of sausage and mash and find my mouth watering. I might have to have a hi-res version of it for my wall paper on the PC. LOL!

Really pleased you had such a great birthday buddy, looks like it was brilliant. Did chuckle at the pignut disguising itself as a duck. Cunning little fellows those pignuts.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Smashing report mate! Looks great!

I like pignuts too, I was made up when I first found them but I seem to have my eye in now- got to love wild tasties! :)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Looks a cracking bash Sir, nice cross between learning, relaxing and having a nice sausage fest. (Hm that sounds odd when I say it in context but you know what I mean.) Do like a good snorker, been thinking of them while loosing weight and those pictures didn't help me;)
Many Happy Returns Sir, looks like it was on to remember.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Cheers guys, it was a great weekend for sure :)

I still look at that plate of sausage and mash and find my mouth watering. I might have to have a hi-res version of it for my wall paper on the PC. LOL!

You'll be able to take your own picture Aaron as I'm planning to have sausage and mash on the menu for our stay at Dingley Dell ;)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Was a good weekend ~ and it certainly beat the odds weather wise ;)

That flower's still bugging me ... definitely a Quasimodo moment :eek:

In the end we were were all stuffed to bursting and couldn't face another sausage :lmao:

Not quite all :( :eek: . At least it wasn't a baconfest ... I miss bacon :D

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Looks like a great way to spend your birthday. A belated happy birthday from me :).

Biker

.... You'll be able to take your own picture Aaron as I'm planning to have sausage and mash on the menu for our stay at Dingley Dell ;)

At the risk of sounding greedy, and based on the way my saliva glands have now gone into overdrive, can we have bangers, mash and gravy every night? Pretty please with a cherry on top? :eek:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
At the risk of sounding greedy, and based on the way my saliva glands have now gone into overdrive, can we have bangers, mash and gravy every night? Pretty please with a cherry on top? :eek:

There was a café aimed at kids in the 60's that had Sausages and mash on the menu as "Zeppelins in the clouds"; for some reason you always come to mind when I think about it Biker! Think you would've practically lived in the place.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE