My 1st Bushcraft Knife..made by me :)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
S

shaunmcdonald

Well i have finally finished my knife and a much enjoyable time i have had doing it :)

IMG_0682.gif

Just want to say a big thanks to everyone who post's informative threads to give me the info to be able to do this.
Thanks to GreenPete for the template :)

Now to move onto leatherworking :yelrotflm thats the next stage..making my sheath.

Any comments most welcome.

Thanks for looking

redcollective

Settler
Dec 31, 2004
West Yorkshire
Hi Shaun, that's excellent. I've got a Greenpete template on the go, but haven't touched the blade since our little one was borth 4 months ago!

If it turns out anything like that mate I'll be well pleased. The bevel looks neat and the finish and pinning look really well done.

Great stuff. Yours is definately one of the best first efforts I've ever seen.

S

shaunmcdonald

Thanks all i must admit it is really satisfying making your own equipment .. and much cheaper as well.

Dougster - yes it is an oak handle, it was the only hardwood the cheap timber place near me does think its from old railway sleepers cost me £2 for 2 lengths about 1m long by 40mmx30mm.

I would say to anyone who is wanting to do this.. just do it as i have read and read and read some more about it and once i started it just all seemed to fall in place.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Yup it wouldn't suit the US market - it apeears to lack a hollow handle, matt black coating and the word "tactical" in the name too :D

Red

S

shaunmcdonald

weaver Quote.
I was talking about the picture, half the blade is missing. I'd like to see the rest of it.

i have some more pics here they are

IMG_0683.gif

IMG_0680.gif

S

shaunmcdonald

I did all the work myself and the metal is 01 Ground Flat stock. But the Bevels were the hardest part, before i got to sharpening it on the bench stone the bevels were not the same on each side i have managed to pull them something like now :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE