Musical instruments, who is bringing them

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Hey dear Ladies and Sirs,

I was wondering who of you lot, were thinking of bringing some musical instruments and what kind of instruments.
I'm currently thinking of perhaps bringing a Banjo, or perhaps a Guitar for some lovely musical intermezzo's
anyone else?

Yours sincerely Ruud

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Good move Rudd, we usually have a number of people that like to have a play of an evening, around the fire or under the chute for others to listen to, bring whatever is convenient for you goodjob

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Yeah I already fancy a midnight jam, and with a small fire and with some good people added to that, I think it only improves the experience.
Though I have to be quick seeing the fact I still have to build my banjo ( it half way in construction atm ^^)
And if that all goes to hell I'll try and get my hands on a steelstringed acoustic for the time being, so
If you own/play a violin, guitar, the triangle or the kazoo
perhaps even some Uilleann pipes, man Would I love to see such an instrument someday, please do bring them along some we can joy or self jamming into the night not always as skill full but with a wide smile.
Remember music is about the fun and the atmosphere not always about playing it right
Yours sincerely Ruud

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
if you're ever in Northern Ireland, i'll take you to a pub where the Uilleann Pipes are played every Saturday

it's an open jam session, anyone can turn up and join in, sometimes up to 15 musicians on the go with every instrument you can think of. :)

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I'll be bringing a harmonica, a few flutey type instruments, maybe my scottish small pipes if I get them back from having new reeds and being re-tuned in time, and a bodrahan if there's room in the car.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
I'll be bringing a harmonica, a few flutey type instruments, maybe my scottish small pipes if I get them back from having new reeds and being re-tuned in time, and a bodrahan if there's room in the car.

Eric, from my wife Debs... (We met you last year with our Daughter Rhiannon)

Wow I'm trying to learn the harmonic and I used to play the Scottish Bagpipes and have been thinking about taking them under arm again. Sounds like we may have a Kayleigh at the Moot? looking forward to that.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Certainly don't - hence the ? :)

I had to check the spelling myself - and my family tried to teach me the language!

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Yeah, I checked it after your post. Gets tricky fast! Irish and Scottish versions, so close yet so far..... Saw at least six spelling variations.

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Great stuff everyone, already looking forward to that, and Robbi I might hold you on that promise ^^, as I was planning a trip to Ireland somewhere around October/Novemberish and boy do I like a good pub.
Yours sincerely Ruud

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Hey guysit looks like I would be charged an additional 48 bucks If I would try and bring my guitar/banjo with me so a question to you guys, Please bring something with strings, if it has strings I will play it ^^
Yours sincerely Ruud

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE