Multifuel Stoves That Also Do Gas

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
N

Nomad

No operational difference.

For vehicle fuel cans, I think the colours are usually red for leaded petrol, green for unleaded, and black for diesel. My red Primus bottle has paraffin in it, the green one has brake cleaner (95% naptha stuff from here, but they had it at £8.39 a can last week), and I have a black 1L stainless Primus bottle with water in it (not described as a fuel, bottle, but a Sigg style one nonetheless).

Do you fill your stove bottles at the garage pump? If so, does the pump nozzle fit into the bottle necks?

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Do you fill your stove bottles at the garage pump? If so, does the pump nozzle fit into the bottle necks?

I have done. You have to be very careful with the smaller bottles that you don't hit the go button and squirt it everywhere, but you can fill them. At least I have done with my MSR bottles. The nozzle fits, but it's quite a snug fit.

J

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
No operational difference.

For vehicle fuel cans, I think the colours are usually red for leaded petrol, green for unleaded, and black for diesel......

You're close. It's:
1) Red = gasoline/petrol (leaded or unleaded)
2) Green = white gas (not exactly the same thing as "unleaded but close enough for the confusion)
3) Yellow = diesel
4) Blue = kerosene (paraffin)

However a milsurp jerry can will almst always be OD regardless.

MAB

The MilSpec Fuel Containers are olive green, but they should have a red/yellow/blue/whatever clip on tags from the Ordanence filling point; or if unofficial a dab of the right colour paint. If no indicator colour it should be clean, to be filled with any hydrocarbon - in theory!!!

Bob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE