Folding or Wood gas stoves? Preference??

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
Used the Lixada stoves in anger for the first time in anger at the weekend. They fit easily into the bergan side pockets and take up very little room. We were able to get brews on and cook meals with no bother, once I got a good fire going in them, which was tricky as all the fuel around was damp from several days of rain. I had the gas and meths stoves as backup but ultimately didn't need them.
 
Too late for the OP, but others might be interested.

I've just tested my new flat woodgas stove - the Core 4 from mysurvivalpack. Really impressed. The rocket stove-like feed tube makes refuelling a doddle. Boiled water all weekend and did a fry-up this morning.

Here's some pics (I hope) https://goo.gl/photos/adwhnRVuV2JoC7xC9

This stove seems really versatile, but I've not yet tried using it 3 sided, or without the feed tube, or in non-woodgas mode.
 
Too late for the OP, but others might be interested.

I've just tested my new flat woodgas stove - the Core 4 from mysurvivalpack. Really impressed. The rocket stove-like feed tube makes refuelling a doddle. Boiled water all weekend and did a fry-up this morning.

Here's some pics (I hope) https://goo.gl/photos/adwhnRVuV2JoC7xC9

This stove seems really versatile, but I've not yet tried using it 3 sided, or without the feed tube, or in non-woodgas mode.
That looks good bud, thanks for heads up.

Investigative hat on ....
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE