multi fuel stove set up????

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Hi all, just wondered how people set up the multi fuel stove like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Portable-M...item19e2f9e05a with the remote burner head.

i would think it needs a wind shield but how do others set up and why?????? a picture would be good too....;););)

the reason i ask is that i plan to do some winter walking and camping in the snow and plan to buy the above stove with an Alpkit Myti cup and mug, nested together with the stove inside, and fuel bottle stored in a side pouch,just incase it leaks.

so, your thoughts please peeps..

regards.

chris.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
The only way I can get it to fit inside the mytimug is by unscrewing the fuel line (I don't use the included tool as it is not a great fit and damages the edges of the screw part- use my leatherman for tightening it)

I've not used it other than inside a bothy so far but would use a windshield for sure outside.

KP

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
What is supplied with the msr ones is some very thick aluminium foil, 1 piece is round which goes under the burner and the other wraps around to form a wind sheild, standing about 12''tall.

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
I made my own windshield out of 3 pieces of aly sheet and some old hinges. It passed an afternoon tinkering in the workshop.

I also put the fuel bottle external to my stove and billy can pouch by putting it in a 5.11 water bottle pouch MOLLE'd to the side of the daysack.

Its a good budget system to be honest. Never let me down, and that includes some very wet and very cold days out.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
thanks guys, interesting it wont fit in a ti mug with the fuel line on still, gutted...:(

Rik, i just looked at those, for a fiver and carry bag you cant go wrong...

does anyone know what pot the stove and fuel bottle would fit into, it just makes sense to me to store it together, i can then fill the gaps with brew kit and food....

thoughts please....:)

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
I made my own windshield out of 3 pieces of aly sheet and some old hinges. It passed an afternoon tinkering in the workshop.

I also put the fuel bottle external to my stove and billy can pouch by putting it in a 5.11 water bottle pouch MOLLE'd to the side of the daysack.

Its a good budget system to be honest. Never let me down, and that includes some very wet and very cold days out.

now that sounds a good idea, ready for brewage at short notice...;)

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Personally I would not want my liquid fuel bottle in my cooking pot, a gas can would not be a problem though.

Headshed

Forager
Nov 17, 2011
Warwick
I use a primus himalayer multifuel stove. I bought the windshield set, basically it's flexible and can be folded up, it certainly helps with boil time and with the base it helps prevent scorching of the grass. I've also seen them made from disposable bbq foil or xmas turkey foil tins etc.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Take into account the wide flame spread on these stoves which will easily lap up the sides of small mugs/waste fuel/burn stuff (certainly with titanium). To be honest I'd look for a bigger pot, not massive but something better than mug size to go with this stove.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NESTING-B...997?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item255202148d These are 2, 4 and 6 pint pans. These would give you a nice range to pick from depending upon your trip and its needs.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE