Multi Coloured 550 paracord

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I'll get some to make up the minimum number though I'm sure there will be more! ;)

10 = moab
9 = woof
8 = wilderbeast
7 = IanM
6 = reddave
5 = kiltedpict
4 = Bri30
3= TeeDee
2= MikeE
1= g4ghb

Thanks for this sparky! - could you find if they will do a bulk price on the glow in the dark line too :rolleyes:

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
10 = moab
9 = woof
8 = wilderbeast
7 = IanM
6 = reddave
5 = kiltedpict
4 = Bri30
3= TeeDee
2= MikeE
1= g4ghb
0= lou1661

sparkplug

Forager
Jan 24, 2008
East Anglia
OK! so we're ready to rock! :D

What I'll do is leave this thread up a few more days before I get the code. I'm running the same buy over at British Blades and I'll try to be kind to 5*cord and make both run simultaneously. They're not quite up to numbers yet, but I think a couple more days should do it.

This would also mean that the 5 days that the code is valid for would span over the weekend which is probably a good thing.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I've been asked about discount on the glorope and got the following really helpful answer back:

5*cord said:
I can't really discount it much to be honest. I will post it for free though with any of the group buy orders.. so this should save them some money.

The for reference 3.2mm size can be gutted and it will fit through a thong hole on a knife.. I know it fits through the thong hole on my Spyderco Harpy. It doesn't have the same tight weave though as standard paracord, but I've not had any complaints and I accually take the 3.2mm stuff and tie multiple knots into it and give it to our small breed dogs and pups to use as chew toys as it seems to work better and last longer than the crap rope chews in Pets at Home.

It will also fit through the 3 Ring Bead in silver or gold that we offer. Also works well with the Mini/35mm McGizmo Clip. I've had a few people use the GloRope to make dog leads out of as well.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Excellent! - Thanks for all your efforts on this mate, you have put a lot of work in!

Will you send out a PM to let us know the code? / remind us forgetful folk that the GB is on
ashamed053611282jy0.gif

sparkplug

Forager
Jan 24, 2008
East Anglia
Will you send out a PM to let us know the code? / remind us forgetful folk that the GB is on
ashamed053611282jy0.gif

:D

Just for you Graham!

I'm not going to do it for everyone though as it seems pointless as we'd need to do a 'full list' just for the reminder PM

I'll post the code in the original post at the top of the thread as soon as I have it - I'm expecting it to be midweek this week.

sparkplug

Forager
Jan 24, 2008
East Anglia
No problem Jaysurfer...

Just to be clear - it's not restricted to ten people - the list was just to make sure we had AT LEAST ten.

The more the merrier. :)

Keep an eye on this thread for the next day or two and I'll post the discount code and as many people as want to can order DIRECTLY FROM 5*CORD using the code. The code will only be valid for 5 days and then the group buy will be closed.

sparkplug

Forager
Jan 24, 2008
East Anglia
OK, British Blades is also a goer so I should have the code tomorrow..

watch this space!

*edit* BB have decided not to run this group buy so it's now only available here.

jimmyuk

Jan 17, 2009
London
I'm keen, not that it makes much difference now that ten people have responded.

Was going to use the BB one but it seems to have disappeared. Was it shifted into the paying members section?

Anyways thanks for sorting this out!

Jimmy

sparkplug

Forager
Jan 24, 2008
East Anglia
I'm keen, not that it makes much difference now that ten people have responded.

Was going to use the BB one but it seems to have disappeared. Was it shifted into the paying members section?

Anyways thanks for sorting this out!

Jimmy

..erm... no, the BB one has been archived as I have inadvertently broken pretty much every single group buy rule. A decision is currently being made on whether it will run over there. Sorry guys! Newbie mistake (must remember to RTFM) *edit* the decision has been made not to run the group buy over there so it's now a BCUK exclusive :D

Oh and just in case anyone missed the big, shouty red text in the first post - code now issued, instuctions on what to do next in big shouty red letters at start of first post in this thread :D

jimmyuk

Jan 17, 2009
London
Hi,

Made an order. Just 5 lots of 10 feet and some glow rope to use as lanyards. Buying small amounts it works out to be basically free postage and handling but it is good to be able to buy heaps of colours in small amounts. Thanks for sorting this out.

Cheers

Jimmy

IanM

Nomad
Oct 11, 2004
UK
Gosh that was hard work.

Ordered 100' of Orange and 100' of Grey.

The redeem button did not seem to work and just deleted the code and £4.17 appears on the invoice but is not added to the total. VAT? it does not say.

I am sure it will all go OK though when a human is involved.

covertcraft

Feb 6, 2009
Milton Keynes
Glad you decided to run this here too, I signed up 2 the bb thread, was v confused when I logged on 2day and couldn't find it. Can't understand why the powers that be have elbowed tho!!

Anyway thanks again for your efforts sparkplug, much appriciated.

That's me off to 5* then, Cheers

sparkplug

Forager
Jan 24, 2008
East Anglia
Can't understand why the powers that be have elbowed tho!!

I was given a reason - and I fully accept it.

However, I'm not going to go into the politics of it over here any more than I will over there. Anyone who is a member of both sites is still more than welcome to take part over here.

The decision not to run the buy on BB doesn't involve me, so I'm not going to get involved. :)

covertcraft

Feb 6, 2009
Milton Keynes
I was given a reason - and I fully accept it.

However, I'm not going to go into the politics of it over here any more than I will over there. Anyone who is a member of both sites is still more than welcome to take part over here.

The decision not to run the buy on BB doesn't involve me, so I'm not going to get involved. :)

Fair play sir, I have placed my order (got it in quick while swmbo is out shopping).

Thanks again

Lee:D

steveme

Nov 5, 2008
Leeds
What's the level of discount? - 100ft of orange is £19.66 inc. postage(pre discount) , 100ft of same on eBay is £13 all in.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE