Mugged on a hike

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
Surely the guy in question has already admitted being one of the robbers when he mentioned that the stuff was dumped from the car.

As this all happened on Friday my guess is the guy is still in custody until a court appearance tomorrow (Monday)..I would hope so anyway. If i was in Nephs position i would be asking what court the guy was appearing in just for a look at the guy.

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
I dont care if you are a black belt in whatever, When you are out numbered the chances are you are going down.
Sensible words

The way my daughter was mugged she had no chance. Guy walks up behind her, arm round her head, gloved hand over her face, head force down between her knees, he grabbed phone out of her hand and ran. Took seconds. She had bruises on her face from his fingers, so considerable force was used.

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
It's never a place to bluff muggers. My comment was meant that they are usually bluffing. However once they display a deadly weapon, or other ability for deadly force (in this case the very disparity of the numbers----5 to 1) then my response will be with deadly force and I never bluff.

I could take you out! No probs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
Hey, it's Murca we are talking about here. I dont doubt the guys for one second.

Shoot first then ask for fries with that later. :lmao:

Pardon! So your saying he is a coward! For handing his gear over at knife point.no mate! You choose your battles

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
Pardon! So your saying he is a coward! For handing his gear over at knife point.no mate! You choose your battles

More internet confusion.

No, What i'm saying is.. I believe Santaman 2000 and his American counterparts would actually pop some cap in a few bahookies if confronted with the same situation.

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
There are time to fight back, times to run and times to cooperate in the hope that the bad guys will just go away happy.

Over the course of many years, I've had occassions to use all 3 options.

I'd rather not use the first option if I can avoid it (I've been practising martial arts for over 40 years, teaching for nearly 30, spent many years working the doors, currently work in a field where 'extremely challenging behaviour' is a regular occurence sometimes involving weapons and am a certificated physical intervention, escapes and restraint trainer). Despite a high level of situational awareness, a reasonable repetoire of useful techniques I'm not Bruce (Lee, Willis or Forsyth) and know that even experienced folk get caught unawares, get outnumbered or even just trip on a kerb just as they're about to execute that magnificent, game changing move that will cause the bad guys to scatter and run screaming into the distance.

I can't run as fast or as far as I used to...but I still move away from violence as fast as I can...even if it's just long enough to review my options. I teach people that a good fast pair of running shoes and/or a door between yourself and an aggressor are better than any weapon or technique.

I've also cooperated fully with the perpetrator to ensure the risk is minismised as far as can be predicted. My idea of protecting my family is that the bad guys can have (mostly) whatever they hell they want...take my wallet, my money, clear my house out...as long as my family are ok I'll be fine. Lets not forget the additional emotional trauma that can be experienced by initiating a violent incident which family members then have to witness. The contents of my wallet are a lot less than the potential financial or pyschological cost of witnessing such an event, especially if my moves end up looking more Chuck Berry than Chuck Norris.

Sometimes it more herioic to supress any desires to 'exercise our masculinity' and simply weigh up the worst possible outcomes and put some value on our own safety and welfare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE