Mozi Net/Bivi

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JimN

Forager
Feb 7, 2006
The Amber Valley
Bought this off of BB a while back as I was intrigued by the description but no picture was given (and it was cheap :)):

IMGP0271.jpg

It's about 6 1/2 feet long, I can lie down in it comfortably but there wouldn't be room for kit. As it's open it would also require the use of a tarp, unless you are guaranteed fine weather.

IMGP0272.jpg

This is it packed up, compared to a cheapo yeomans two man tent. It's not much smaller and when you add the tarp it'd probably be about the same so I'm not sure what the advantages would be.

I've not used it in anger yet and I think I'd be hesitant to in case I got laughed off :eek:

May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
Bought this off of BB a while back as I was intrigued by the description but no picture was given (and it was cheap :)):

IMGP0271.jpg

It's about 6 1/2 feet long, I can lie down in it comfortably but there wouldn't be room for kit. As it's open it would also require the use of a tarp, unless you are guaranteed fine weather.

IMGP0272.jpg

This is it packed up, compared to a cheapo yeomans two man tent. It's not much smaller and when you add the tarp it'd probably be about the same so I'm not sure what the advantages would be.

I've not used it in anger yet and I think I'd be hesitant to in case I got laughed off :eek:

You wouldent in the mozzie season in Scotland,they'd be fighting for it:D

Bernie

JimN

Forager
Feb 7, 2006
The Amber Valley
Looks like it is a 'Highlander Mosquito Tent MID14' and normally sells for around £35. I think I may use it after all, although I'll have to replace the steel pegs as they weigh a tonne!

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Now don't laugh, but this is one of those gems of info that you hear once and everyone wants to learn it (think Wayland hobo stove);

Squaddies/tree surgeons/bushcrafters all over use this stuff.

http://avonshop.co.uk/shop/product.asp?pf_id=4982&from=search&find_spec=skin%20so%20soft&pagenum=1

Seemingly if you spray it on you can then run outside into the midst of a full cloud of Scottish midgies (etc) you have a Readybrek glow of clear air around you as they just don't like the stuff - so I'm told!

Chris

CAL

Forager
May 16, 2008
Barnsley (in Gods Own County)
Now don't laugh, but this is one of those gems of info that you hear once and everyone wants to learn it (think Wayland hobo stove);

Squaddies/tree surgeons/bushcrafters all over use this stuff.

http://avonshop.co.uk/shop/product.asp?pf_id=4982&from=search&find_spec=skin%20so%20soft&pagenum=1

Seemingly if you spray it on you can then run outside into the midst of a full cloud of Scottish midgies (etc) you have a Readybrek glow of clear air around you as they just don't like the stuff - so I'm told!

Chris

I've been recommended this a lot of times and its on my list for next year.

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Cal, Christmas is coming and it's only £2.50 a bottle (plus £3.50 P&P from the web site, or you could track down your closest Avon rep).

Chris

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
We got Avon skin so soft when it was on offer, Got a box of it as we do use a lot up here and it don't pay to run out. Local shops sell it at £5 a bottle..

As for your bivi the hex3 nest can be used on its own. I was once told
"If its stupid and works, then it ain't stupid" :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE