MOvember

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
we are growing mo's so we can raise awareness about mens issues mainly prostate cancer.

Mods - If there is any issue with this post please can it be removed as I do not wish to break the rules or cause offence.

Hi all

This Movember, the month formerly known as November I’ve decided to donate my face to raising awareness about prostate cancer. My donation and commitment is the growth of a moustache for the entire month of Movember, which I know will generate conversation, controversy and laughter.

Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men. One man dies every hour from the disease in the UK. This is a cause that I feel passionately about and I’m asking you to support my efforts.

The Prostate Cancer Charity will use the money raised by Movember for the development of programs related to awareness, public education, advocacy, support of those affected, and research into the prevention, detection, treatment and cure of prostate cancer.
For more details on how the funds raised from previous campaigns have been used and the impact Movember is having please visit http://uk.movemberfoundation.com/research-and-programs.

Thank you in advance for helping me to support men’s health.

If I am not breaking too many rules I will post up my MOspace page link later.

Greg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I can't see it being a problem, but it would be courteous to run it by Tony first.

Best of luck with the fundraising :D

cheers,
Toddy

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
Cheers Toddy....

Tony you have a PM on its way.....

Its mainly about awareness.....so get checked out guys.....you never know it could save your life.

Greg

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
As someone who has just started working for Marie Curie Nursing Services, who look after terminally ill cancer patients, I endorse this completely. Good post.

I already have a moustache though (and beard).

And it is nice to see it correctly spelled. I'm fed up of reading about prostrate cancer (!) It isn't lying down! :cussing: (rant over)

:)

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
As someone who has just started working for Marie Curie Nursing Services, who look after terminally ill cancer patients, I endorse this completely. Good post.

I already have a moustache though (and beard).

And it is nice to see it correctly spelled. I'm fed up of reading about prostrate cancer (!) It isn't lying down! :cussing: (rant over)

:)

Cheers mate.....shave yours off and get growing. i have a goatee and have had since ....well forever. the concept of me haveing a clean shaved face is causing great amusement at work so its already doing its job and raising awareness.

Greg

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Cheers mate.....shave yours off and get growing.

My wife once saw a photo of me pre-beard, and was distinctly unimpressed. She told me if I ever shave the beard off again it will mean a divorce! Since on the whole she is nice to me (she does my bushcrafty sewing for me), I don't think I should risk her wrath, especially if it means having to learn to sew for myself!

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
I supported it last year and it caused quite a stir (I was normally clean shaven). I work as management consultant and hardly anone there has any facial hair (except the IT guy *chuckle*)

Now I have a full beard (my wife doesn't like it btw).

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
Ok after Pm-ing Tony I have the all clear to post this so a huge thanks.

Here are the links to the donations section of my Movember Mospace :cool:

This is a cause that I feel passionately about and I’m asking you to support my efforts by making a donation to The Prostate Cancer Charity. To help, you can either:

• Click this link http://uk.movember.com/donate/your-details/member_id/571672/ and donate online using your credit card or PayPal account . Or,

• Send cheques and CAF vouchers (made payable to ‘The Prostate Cancer Charity Re Movember’) directly to The Prostate Cancer Charity – First Floor, Cambridge House, Cambridge Grove, London W6 0LE. Be sure to include the person’s name on the back of the cheque.

Even if you cant / dont want to donate then please get chatting about mens health. We are the poor relation to womens health check ups and dont do enough. get to the GP and get checked.

Cheers again guys......
Greg

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Thank you Greg for bringing this to everyones attention. Thought it was about time it was revived, (seem to be reviving one or two things lately). As some of you will know I have prostate cancer. Mine had gone to my lymph nodes so the prostate could not be removed. When the consultantant explained the reason of being unable to remove the lymph nodes, in the groin, as being that they drain the water from your legs. I replied, "Can't you put a tap on each ancle and I will drain them myself." He did not see the funny side of that.
Seriously now,if you are about 45ish, go to your doctors for a PSA blood test. That stands for Prostrate Specifin Antigens. A very simple thing to do. If you can catch it soon enough they can remove your prostrate and usually that is the end of it. If you leave it too long, Like I did, It WILL shorten your lifespan considerably. This coming Christmas will most likely be my last

GET THE TEST DONE.

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
I was just looking at mymospace yesterday funny enough.
Anyone who joins in or takes the time to educate themselves or others around them ..... GOOD FOR YOU !
(harmless plug) as it's never to late to donate .
mobro.co/philliptraynor

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Good stuff,I do this every year, i'm normally clean shaven but i'm currently sporting a mid summer Lemmy movember. Well worth the thread necromancy...

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Thank you Greg for bringing this to everyones attention. Thought it was about time it was revived, (seem to be reviving one or two things lately). As some of you will know I have prostate cancer. Mine had gone to my lymph nodes so the prostate could not be removed. When the consultantant explained the reason of being unable to remove the lymph nodes, in the groin, as being that they drain the water from your legs. I replied, "Can't you put a tap on each ancle and I will drain them myself." He did not see the funny side of that.
Seriously now,if you are about 45ish, go to your doctors for a PSA blood test. That stands for Prostrate Specifin Antigens. A very simple thing to do. If you can catch it soon enough they can remove your prostrate and usually that is the end of it. If you leave it too long, Like I did, It WILL shorten your lifespan considerably. This coming Christmas will most likely be my last

GET THE TEST DONE.

We get some good posts on here from time to time, but that one is post of the year 2013. Inspirational stuff! Thank you.

:You_Rock_

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire

GET THE TEST DONE.

Thanks Ian, i keep meaning to get a health check with the nurse that's available, will def' do so now.
Fight it hard mate,
Tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE