Sale/auction in favor to a good cause

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giantwalks

Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth
www.justgiving.com
Hi guys.

I have a lot of outdoor-equipment and stuff I don´t need. Wether it´s used and I don´t need it anymore or it´s absolute new and I didn´t use it because of concept-changes.
I never bought/sold anything in the internet and I don´t want to change this fact.

But I want to give this equipment to someone who need it. And together with this "someone" I want to do something good.
The idea is to make an auction in favor to a good cause.
For example I would like to give an Ortlieb Big-Zip 140 L in orange.
https://www.ortlieb.com/en/Big-Zip/
Absolute new, never used.
I would like to bring this bag into an auction-thread for about one week or so.
The last bidder will get the bag and the good feeling he/she has supported a good cause.
This good cause could be for example The British Red Cross on my fundraising-page.

or a more personally cause, Kelly Turner,
a young girl in Dover who needs some support for a cancer-treatment.

I don´t know if it is allowed to do such things in this forum. Maybe you have better ideas?
Please let me know what you are thinking about this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Sounds great and very generous of you! Good idea...

I'd wait to get confirmation from the Moderators ...but hope it IS allowed to go ahead .
Cheers

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The rules and guideline specifically exclude auctions. There were very, very sound reasons for this, and they really haven't changed.
If you do wish to auction kit for charity then I suggest ebay. They not only provide special help and discounts for Charity but they keep things sweet re timing of bids, payment of wins and guarantees if the item goes missing.

On another note though, ideas like this one are generally better run past the forum owner, Tony Bristow, first.
Any of the Mods (names in Red) or Admin (names in Gold) can be pm'd for advice or help.

I will flag this thread in the Mods, but in the meantime I'm going to close it. It is against the rules and if I don't it'll end up with so many warning triangles hit that it'll look like a spam thread.

M

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE