Mountainm Svord Sheath review

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
I was privileged enough to acquire Mountainm's Svord sheath (mk2) and since I took delivery it has never left my side...

I love my Svord, and loved it even more after I made the scandi blade for it, anyway I thought it deserved a nice sheath, but never expected anything like this!

It is a 4mm leather belt sheath, wet formed with an angled draw, this is the bit that makes it so brilliant. Mountainm decided that an angled draw was a good idea to stop the "sticky out" bit stabbing you in the gut......... It worked

Here is the sheath and knife side by side
85355fe8.jpg

The stitching and construction are really second to non, with the stress areas double stitched
8b107f24.jpg

82b8b5ed.jpg

The knife fits snug, but not so tight it is impossible to remove
480545b7.jpg

The belt loop fits snugly over my preferred belt (a happy accident)
1ac342e5.jpg

And when it is worn around the waste it is very comfy and the low ride position keeps the "pokey" bit well out of the way
4fd39a51.jpg

Great so far.......

The best thing discovered by accident, is when the sheath is worn at the back, you would not even know it is there
ced9b950.jpg

Just one more thing I like about the sheath......It looks awesome when accessorised!
77b16c10.jpg

All in all, if you can get hold of one of these, do it!

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
... Looks like I'll be upgrading to maker status then.. Thanks for the comments guys.

Once I've upgraded and got hold of some more veg tan I'll certainly be up for commissions.

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Cheers,

some of the photos are a bit blurry, can't get used to the camera.....

The belt is a 1940's scout belt

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE