Jack's Charity Train. Raising fund for a new Children's Hospice.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
First of all, I'd like to thank Tony who has kindly agreed to let me post this on the forum.

My wife is working to raise some money as her contribution towards the building of a new Children's Hospice in Ipswich, in Suffolk. This is taken from the East Anglian's Children's Hospices (EACH) website:

What is the Treehouse Appeal?

"The current children’s hospice in Ipswich, which serves life-threatened children and their families throughout Suffolk and North Essex, has become increasingly inadequate to meet local needs. Consequently, EACH is launching a major capital appeal and I am asking you to support them in any way you can: together we can bring this much needed care to children and families in our community."
~ Griff Rhys-Jones

My wife is hoping to raise £500 by doing something slightly unusual: train our English Bull Terrier to the level of a Bronze Award for doggy Good Citizenship! She has started a blog charting the progress (or otherwise) called Jack's Charity Train.

Now, anyone who has a Bull Terrier will probably realise this is not an easy, forgone conclusion! They are stubborn dogs :)

If you would like to contribute to the fund raising, you can do so by clicking on the Just Giving link on the blog. They handle the collection of the money and pass it on to EACH.

This makes the funds raising completely transparent, and your name is attached to the sum you donate on the Just Giving page. I have started the ball rolling by donating the first 10 quids, so you can see how it works in practice.

I hope you agree this is a worthwhile cause and that you will feel able to contribute to it. You can donate as much or as little as you want. It all helps.

Thanks
Joel

Last edited:

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Thanks very much gentlemen, very much appreciated. Anddd, I am now in SWMBO's good books...:D I hope it's going to last... erm, until pay day? when I can buy goodies without being in trouble :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE