Most underated band?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Which 'fringe' band do you think were/are the most underated.
I nominate Aswad. I've got all their albums and all their songs are sweet as......
Excellent music and hugely underated. Aswad :You_Rock_
Saw them live first in Fukuoka.... Japan and was hooked.
Smokey smokey blues :You_Rock_

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I nominate Aswad. I've got all their albums and all their songs are sweet as......
Excellent music and hugely underated. Aswad :You_Rock_
Saw them live first in Fukuoka.... Japan and was hooked.
Smokey smokey blues :You_Rock_

They used to play "Don't turn around" over the PA system at my cricket club if you were out for a duck :D

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
For their intelligence, musicianship, integrity and mind blowing depth, I'd say Tool.

Best kept musical secret ever,

Magentus

I saw Tool (and Wool) playing with Rage Against The machine 16 years ago at the Glasgow barrowlands. they all rawked. :headbang:

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
For their intelligence, musicianship, integrity and mind blowing depth, I'd say Tool.

Best kept musical secret ever,

Magentus

Tool are amazing.

Another favorite is Kyuss. The band that formed queens of the stone age.
"Blues for the red sun" is my favorite album.

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Now this is my kind of thread
Just looking at the cds scattered around my room
Skuobhie Dubh Orchestra-the band that spawned King Creosote-The album spikes 23 collection is fantastic
The Dropkick Murphys for the sheer work ethic of their constant touring; even if the records are not as good as they used to be they still have a solid live set and never give less than 100% which has gained them a huge grassroots following
A similar band would be Flogging Molly
And I can't do this justice without mentioning the biggest contender for unrecognised genius in Rock and Roll ;Johnny Thunders RIP -"You can't put your arms around a memory"

East Coaster

Forager
Oct 21, 2008
Fife/Scotland
Now this is my kind of thread
Just looking at the cds scattered around my room
Skuobhie Dubh Orchestra-the band that spawned King Creosote-The album spikes 23 collection is fantastic

I've known Kenny Anderson (founder member) since knee high. He's a totally sound guy and it's great to see he's managed to make a living out of his passion. His brother Gordon fronts The Aliens who are also worth checking out.

Ben Trout

Nomad
Feb 19, 2006
Wiltshire, GB
Emilie Autumn.

'Face the Wall' is an awesome track. Six and a bit minutes of unaccompanied Electric Violin metal shredding. I saw her perform it at the Underworld, Camden. Victorian/Gothic/Burlesque stageshow accompanied by tortured violin and harpsichord. Marellous mayhem. :headbang:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE