Mors Kochanski book Question?

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Ok, just like to pick your collective brains.

Is 'Northern Bushcraft' by Mors Kochanski an earlier edition of 'Bushcraft' by the same author? If not, which one is better, or, do they cover different subjects?

Bushcraft is available in many stores but 'Northern Bushcraft' seem's rarer, what should i be looking at paying for a copy if, it is infact, worth bothering?

Your views and opinions are greatfully expected!:)

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
They are one and the same, Jed.

Can’t tell you how the two editions are different, in terms of content, as I don’t have the original edition ‘Northern Bushcraft’.

I know they had second hand copies a while ago at http://www.abebooks.co.uk/ at reasonable prices. It’s a great site for out of print publications.

‘Bushcraft’ is an excellent read, and I consider it an essential to have in the collection.

Best regards,
Paul.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
Both titles are the same book with the same content; 'northern bushcraft' was the first edition and was republished as simply 'bushcraft'

although the content is the same in both, the latter 'bushcraft' has a colour picture section in the back.

other than that only other thing that difference them is the covers, quizzically the 2nd edition 'Bushcraft' has a picture of a fire with a ring of rocks around it on the back cover, even though the book itself recommends against such practices, this is thanks to a publisher who 'thought it was a good idea' and added the picture before it went to print without asking the author, who needless to say was quite miffed when he saw it.

Its a truly excellent book and an absolute must have for any bushcraft library

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
...although the content is the same in both, the latter 'bushcraft' has a colour picture section in the back.

other than that only other thing that difference them is the covers, quizzically the 2nd edition 'Bushcraft' has a picture of a fire with a ring of rocks around it on the back cover, even though the book itself recommends against such practices, this is thanks to a publisher who 'thought it was a good idea' and added the picture before it went to print without asking the author, who needless to say was quite miffed when he saw it...

An intersting detail from an 'insider', Stuart. Thank you :)

Best regards,
Paul.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Its a truly excellent book and an absolute must have for any bushcraft library

Damn right, it is chock-a-block full of info with every word relevant and not an unnecessary word in sight which to me put's it in the class of true 'text book' rather than a more 'casual' read like Lofty Wisemans or Ray Mears books.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE