Morrisons SS containers

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Just a heads up. If you haven't been into a Morrisons store recently you might not have noticed the stainless steel containers that they do.

There are two with SS lids that would make decent billy cans and they also do a set of SS bowls with snap on plastic lids for storage.

They're all pretty cheap but I just bought the small container which is a snug fit around my 10cm Zebra billy.

With a few holes drilled in the bottom and some at the top for skewers to stand the pot on it makes a great hobo stove which takes up virtually no extra space in your bag.

litefoot

Forager
Jan 8, 2007
northamptonshire
we shop there every week,probably walked past them loads of times.i suppose i need to get my eye in for the possibility of stuff thats around us.
great tip,thanks andy. :)

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Our nearest Morrisons has such a restricted range of everything and is so small as to be laughable. I'll have to wait till I get to the bright lights of a big city.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Wayland

Hárbarðr
They're very useful for low impact stuff... :D

My 10cm Zebra billy has the bail removed and replaced with braided wire and it now carries the hobo stove wrapped around it.

Inside is a titanium triad solid fuel/meths combination with the windshield from a clikstand, a light chain for fire use and a cut down pot gripper.

The top bowl is drilled around the edge for use as a steamer.

It's also got a folding cup, a pot scraper, some foil wrapped Esbit tablets and a film canister of matches in it. The skewers that form the pot rest for the hobo stove fit inside too.

All this fits into a small reindeer leather bag to keep it from fouling the rest of the gear in my bag.

I'm getting pretty close to my perfect cooking combination for backpacking with this set up.

D

Deleted member 4605

Wayland said:
My 10cm Zebra billy has the bail removed and replac...

You know the saying "a picture paints a thousand words"? (Not so subtle hint :D)

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Finally got one and I've been fettling it tonight during work breaks.
I fitted an arm and a lid lifting loop - doesn't sound much but its now comparable to a slightly undersized 12cm Zebra billy - all for the princely sum of £3-99 and a few hours work.
I'll try to get some photos up in the next couple of days.

Cheers again Wayland

Ogri the trog

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
At last, picture time.
Fettled an arm and lid loop as I mentioned, and here it is on a woodstove that I've been playing with-
stoves1002Small.jpg

Just a shade smaller than a 12cm zebra billy.

ATB

Ogri the trog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE